 Administrative / General / 6450
Re: Creating Lugent Rating Criteria
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 03:25:40 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Bram Lambrecht writes:
Three choices -- neutral, excellent, way excellent -- no bad.

That's another way you could arrange the form:

Comments?  * No comment  * great post  * excellent post  [Submit]

where * is a radio button.

I was just saying "neutral, excellent, way excellent" in reply to something as
a means of clarification.  We'd actually like to avoid any kind of qualitative
judgment type words in the choices.

By saying "Highlight" and "Spotlight" (assuming these are clear -- and maybe
they aren't quite clear enough yet) it's not really asking someone to make
any kind of "good" / "great" / "excellent" judgment, but simply to ask whether
or not the post ought to be highlighted or included in the Spotlight page.

It's still subjective as to _why_ or _when_ to suggest Highlight or Spotlight
(that's everyone's personal preference, naturally) but it's objective about
what's being suggested.

--Todd