 Administrative / General / 6335
Re: Creating Lugent Rating Criteria
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 19:17:08 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Miller writes:
(Does MS Win still only use 20 colors for text, or can you use anything
now?)

Dunno.  Only about 5 or 6 are really needed anyway.

The problem was that only 2 of those 20 were red....

Oh, I see what you're saying.  You mean 20 colors total, not 20 shades of a
single color.

No, you have go all the way back to *really* early browsers and 4-bit color
before you get super-restricted color choices.  (Anyone running something
that prehistoric is already hating life.)

MicroSoft Windows does properly display at least 216 different text colors
(giving 6 shades of red, if you count black as a shade of red :) starting at
Netscape 3.0 and Win95.  Not sure about MSIE but I think it had improved color
choices before NN did.

--Todd