 Trains / 24363 (-100)
  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) Well Jake, if you read this, can you make them also available in Light Grey and Dark Grey too? Would be nice for passenger car roofs. Regards, Ludo (...) (20 years ago, 13-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train part suggestion

(...) I think it would be a GREAT part. Note that Rick Clark has devised such a thing (and quite a clever design it is, too) from readily available parts: (URL) takes care of the fans, but doesn't help out the mundanes, which are, after all, the (...) (20 years ago, 13-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Train part suggestion

Dear Lego, While watching my son put his train on the track I thought it would be great if LEGO made a level crossing that aligned the train on the track. When I was young (30 years ago), I had one for my HO scale trains, and I loved it. You could (...) (20 years ago, 13-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Town/Train/Space Pictures - Toy&Hobby Expo & January Meeting Reports

(...) That's Steve Ringe's work. He's our most prolific 8 wide builder (although he CAN and DOES build 6 wide sometimes, he's not an 8 wide snob like some(1)). This was, I believe, not the first show this particular loco has been to. (...) models, (...) (20 years ago, 13-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Town/Train/Space Pictures - Toy&Hobby Expo & January Meeting Reports

(...) Great show. I really like that high nosed GP. (URL) am not wild about the wagon-wheel fans, (URL) I _love_ the rest of it. Thanks for sharing, Chris (20 years ago, 12-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Preview ALCO RS-1 A. T. & S. F.

(...) Yes, that new brick is going set the train world afire. (...) Nice model, by the way :) Chris (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Larger type of old style train wheel?

(...) vintage photos, and discussed several times here. But I have never seen photos of these LARGE 12 spoked trainwheels before, as seen on the rear of the box from set 7750. (I never had a 7750, so I have never seen the box up close). It is known (...) (20 years ago, 13-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Larger type of old style train wheel?

(...) Mark, Those train wheels were never released to the public, although they appear in lots of vintage photos. They have been mentioned before: (URL) that helps, Clark (20 years ago, 13-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  New Point Motor - Instructions available

(...) Some people aren't content with the magic. So, for those who insist on seeing how it's done: (URL) for instructions>> Again, if you build one, let me know how you get on. Thanks, Jason Railton (20 years ago, 13-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  DelVaLug At Greenburg Train show in Philly

Hey Just a reminder that DelVaLUG has a display at the Greenburg Train show in the Ft. Washington Expo Center outside of Philly, Pa this weekend. We just wrapped up our first day and are prepping for tomorrow. All in all things went pretty well. We (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.us.delvalug, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Preview ALCO RS-1 A. T. & S. F.

(...) Sorry, reading too late at night! tim (20 years ago, 12-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Larger type of old style train wheel?

Just looked at these recent pictures of train set boxes on Brickshelf: (URL) Looking at the pictures for 7750: (URL) (both inset pictures) and (URL) (bottom left picture) These pictures appear to show a larger train wheel, presumably a prototype for (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Preview ALCO RS-1 A. T. & S. F.

(...) You are welcome to. I do this, too-- my designs are derivative of some design, somewhere. I hope you do find new ideas here, but I'm not so sure. I think this ALCO RS-1 offers a fairly basic studs-up construction, except for the coupler (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Preview ALCO RS-1 A. T. & S. F.

(...) (URL) an early real-brick-build> which uses this (...) Tim, No painted or modified parts. The roof uses quantity 6 black 2x2 curved slope bricks-- link above. later, James (20 years ago, 12-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Preview ALCO RS-1 A. T. & S. F.

(...) "Pilot", if I am not mistaken about what part of the loco you are talking about. In particular, this is a switcher pilot since it has steps or footboards (1), not a snowplow. 1 - terrifically dangerous to actually ride on, and now banned to (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Apparel

I was amused (in a good way :-) ) to see the range of (URL) Brick Built Trains apparel> at Cafepress. When I have a baby he is going to have an (URL) Infant Creeper>! There's nothing for (URL) my dog> though. Tim (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Preview ALCO RS-1 A. T. & S. F.

(...) Looks like there are some more Mathis innovations here. The loco has real character and the livery choice works well. I like the front bufferbeam(1) I was interested to see the (URL) build>, did you paint the roof bricks or mock them up with (...) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Peak Diesel Engine (was Re: BNSF new paint)

(...) Thanks :-) I particularly like the fact that the effect is easier to achieve with Lego in 8mm scale than in HO or OO in 3.5mm or 4mm scale. Using SNOT with grille tiles gives a finer grille than just alternating plates, and there's some relief (...) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim)

  making parts Re: Preview ALCO RS-1 A. T. & S. F.

(...) snipped (...) James beutiful work as always. While we dream, a 4 wide version would be nice as well, not to mention a bulk pack! I've toyed with the idea of molding/casting repro parts. This may be the right part to try it with. The best resin (...) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts, FTX)

  Re: Peak Diesel Engine (was Re: BNSF new paint)

(...) Hey just had to chime in. I like the engine, but I had to add that I like the "support beam visible through the vent effect" that you did with the SNOTted grille tiles. Chris (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Town & Train Display - Pictures & Report - MichLTC

(2 URLs) This was our second year at the Southeastern Michigan Model Train show. Our display featured creations by Jim Garrett, Justin Pankey, Chris Leach and Lester Witter. From Art museums, to ambassador residences, to movie theaters and (...) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: Preview ALCO RS-1 A. T. & S. F.

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote: AHHHHHH...... *DROOL.* Great work and detailing as usual. You are the God of Lego Trains. No doubt about it. I look forward to stealing something new from this one when there are more pics ;-) Regards, Legoswami (...) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Preview ALCO RS-1 A. T. & S. F.

The ALCO RS-1 is an appropriate switch-yard locomotive to service Santa Fe's Hi-Level El Capitan during its introduction in 1956-- shown here in era-appropriate zebra livery. (URL) Here is a preview to an upcoming ALCO RS-1 illustrated step book: (...) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Town/Train/Space Pictures - Toy&Hobby Expo & January Meeting Reports

(...) Argh, thanks for the correction Rick. That's what I get for copying the format from a different announcement. Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> | (URL) CLB> (1) Re-posted to the various groups to show the corrected link. (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.events, FTX)

  Town/Train/Space Pictures - Toy&Hobby Expo & January Meeting Reports

(4 URLs) MichLTC displayed for the third year running at the Toy & Hobby Expo in Novi, MI. We had a town/train layout, a space layout, and some mirco skyscrapers. We were also interviewed by Fox channel 2. (URL) Show Report and More Pictures> (2 (...) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.events, FTX) !

  Re: Peak Diesel Engine bogie articulation

(...) Yes, each bogie has 4 axles. On ine the middle two axles of each bogie are the motor, with the others articulated. Each articulation uses a double wishbone steering arm: (URL) and this right angle axle joiner: (URL) with the axle joiner round (...) (20 years ago, 10-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New point motor with a little SNOT - design submitted for testing

Looks neat -- but can you post a photo or two of the innards, for those of us who don't use LDRAW? Thanks, Joe (20 years ago, 10-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Peak Diesel Engine (was Re: BNSF new paint)

(...) My favourite shot, really gives the impression of the bulk of these machines. Love the names as well, some of my favourite mountains. Good shot of 'Penyghent': (URL) Hang 8 maroon Mk1s behind it, and stand back! How much dark red do you have?! (...) (20 years ago, 10-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Peak Diesel Engine (was Re: BNSF new paint)

In lugnet.trains, Mark Bellis wrote: SNIPPIFICATION (...) Mark, This looks really nice! Now I *have* to know how you did the bogies. The Proto is 4-axled right? Your bogie design seems very inriguing. I also like the use of the space radar dish as a (...) (20 years ago, 10-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Carriage roof and underframe

(...) Good to hear from you Stuart. We're at Swindon again (with 2 layouts) next weekend. Please asee www.brickish.org for details & hope to see you there! Cheers Jon (20 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) How about these for a Lego class 37 in jaded faded BR blue! (URL) built this at least 3 years ago and have not had the heart to take it apart to improve it yet. I guess I'll end up building an updated version alongside it, probably in (...) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New point motor with a little SNOT - design submitted for testing

For those who like to experiment with such things, I've designed a new point motor. I'd be grateful if someone can build another one and try it out. It's a combination of one of my earlier designs with some elements of Mark Riley's control (...) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Mediterranean Windmill

This is a windmill based on one I photographed in Fuerteventura¹. I made it a while ago and tried to photograph it then, but these pictures are a bit better. (URL) Windmill>> Click the image for the Brickshelf folder. It took me a while to come up (...) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Peak Diesel Engine (was Re: BNSF new paint)

(...) Finally got round to posting some pics of my Class 44 Peak diesel engine. When moving over the points, the articulated bogies are a sight to behold! (3 URLs) PLMKWYT Mark (20 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Replacement tires for 70's/80's Lego train motor wheels

(...) Thanks for the Xpost, Mat. I agree, these look pretty good and the price seems VERY reasonable. I don't do much 12V stuff but if I did, this would be just what the doctor ordered. Cheers to Arthur for taking this project on, hope he sells a (...) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) But they will probably never come out in System grey. Only in $&%$! bley.... Ben (20 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.color)

  Re: New MOC - roof

(...) Larry, remember these passenger cars: (URL) ones behing the steam engines. Using that part, offset by half, and connected with 2long notched axles, can give you a nice roof. Paul ps. I noticed I never posted about the latest frew trains I (...) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC - roof

(...) I use that part (and its one long sibling) for a LOT of things including roofs but haven't tried sideways yet. I like roofs that come off, at least for passenger service, so that would be a consideration too. I don't see that part as any (...) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC - roof

(...) Larry, Instead of using buckets for a roof (is it leaking?!), have you tried the 1 x 4 x 1 1/3 brick sideways? See my recent post in Trains: (URL) number 6191 Stuart (20 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.de)

  COLTC display at GATS, Feb 12-13th.

COLTC will be displaying coming weekend at the Columbus OH GATS show. We will have a 30 x 25 foot layout, featuring creations big and small, new and old. Several new MOCs' will have their premier at this show, most notable a 10 foot long operating (...) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.oh)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) Maybe it's some FRPA thing.... I thought you'd know! But I'm assuming it's the 'e' from Ben's fright car post which is so upset with Ben for forgetting it that it's run away to join the other irritated vowels at irritatedvowels.com. Legoswami (...) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) Nice design! Baldwins are severely under-represented in LEGO land. But a VO's easy, let's see you do a Sharknose! But what is "Irritated Vowel" and what did you do to irritate them? They seem to be holding one of your pictures hostage! LOL... (...) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

They're also available in yellow (x2) in 8644 Street Maniac. I'd add it to Peeron but its got too many new parts and I've never quite worked out how to read the part numbers. Tim Gould [LEGOSet 8644] (20 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  [Press Release] BayLTC to Lecture at MoAH (update)

UPDATE: Sorry everyone. I probably should have added a few more details yesterday. The lecture starts at 7:30pm. It is free for museum members and $5 for non-members. Russell For immediate release: Contact: Ellen Harrington 650-321-1004 "LEGO® (...) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train Bases

(...) I used one in this: (URL) as Lar said, they would be a little short for most 8-wides. ROSCO (20 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Bases

(...) You have to be careful using the train base holes with vehicles longer than one base, since the bogie centres distance becomes so large that a motor (4x6 plate size) cannot turn far enough inside the train base on curves, so the vehicle (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

It won't be long until these "digger buckets" are not longer needed! Check out the inital concept for this VO1000 switcher (Yet another Turtle Creek MOC)... (2 URLs) The roof is made up of the new 1x3 rounded bricks (LDRaw #50950) that is used as (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) Hi Larry, they are not really rare and appear now and then on Bricklink in amount of dozens. And these are just the black ones. The grey ones are often much more expensive at bricklink and other market places. I was lucky enough to get nearly (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) I dunno. *I* think the most difficult part of building one of these is saving up digger buckets till you have enough for a roof! Nice build. Spotlighted. Thanks for sharing! XFUT trains... (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Packing the Mountain

(...) Mark, The lowest section of the support column is 2x4 duplo bricks. The middle column progresses to 2x8 LEGO brick configuration as it climbs up the back of the module. I do use 1x's on the cross members but all the main support columns never (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Packing the Mountain

Using this photo (sorry I don't know what program to use to overlay numbers) (URL) tables sizes (32x32 baseplate standard) are as follow: Level One - the first table (with the nuts and bolts) is 4x8, the table directly behind is 4x6 (we call these (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Bases

(...) Hey Mark, thats a really nice, different application of the 1x2x3-panel-and-2x3 plates technique! I can see it bieng used for (URL) high nose diesel cabs>, it's not as deja vu as the 1 x 2 x 3 train windows, and of course, the colour (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Bases

(...) I can't see how... I was under the impression that it would be easier to simply use stacked plates instead. Embedding a train base would solve a lot of problems with the motor connection issues, since the holes for mating would already be (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Packing the Mountain

(...) I see most of the modules are fascias for the raised table sections. This one (URL) shows me how you've supported the mountain. I can see the cubic structure - about every 16 studs? However, is that a stack of red 1x4 bricks at the middle of (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Bases

(...) OK, a bit bigger than 8-wide, but still applicable... I have used 6x24 bases for 4-wheel wagons, like these two brake vans: (URL) and (URL). I also have another brake van and six 32ft tube wagons (pics to follow soon). I convert the tanker (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Packing the Mountain

Brian, Thanks for the photo documentry! I was wondering if you had time could you label the table sizes? Maybe super impose the sizes on the image ((URL) Did you custom make the tables for this project or did your tables sorta dictate the shape of (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Bases

(...) They work great for floors in large buildings. Think large plate. (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Connecting monorail cars

Thank you everyone for the additional information. I just wanted to make sure there was not an additional special piece used to connect extra cars. (Seems a bit short sighted to me. But then again, LEGO is no longer making this set.) But the ball & (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Bases

(...) I believe some builders use them embedded... but they are kinda short for most 8 wide cars.... I have a big stack of them myself because I don't use bases much but I can't bring myself to sell them yet. I think I will use a bunch for a factory (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Bases

(...) I try and sell them, along with all of the other "locked in" 6 wide train elements. JOHN (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Train Bases

Okay, I have a question for the 8-wide builders here. I'm pretty sure you must be having a sizeable number of 6 x 24 and 6 x 28 train bases leftover from offical sets because you don't use them. So what do you do with all of them? Legoswami Samarth (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  [Press Release] BayLTC to Lecture at MoAH

For immediate release: Contact: Ellen Harrington 650-321-1004 "LEGO® Trains: Only Imagination Required" & "Thomas & Friends in LEGO" Palo Alto, CA: Feb 1 ­ On Wednesday, February 16, 2005 Kenny Paul will be presenting "LEGO® Trains: Only (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  [Press Release] BayLTC at Santa Clara Convention Center

For Immediate Release Contact: Russell Clark rclark@telis.org 408.605.5412 (cell) SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - The Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC) is pleased to announce that we will be displaying at the Train Collectors Association Cal-Stewart (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Packing the Mountain

I took the mountain apart tonight and made some sequential pictures. Some of the boxes are a little snug so I use pieces of a cut up bed sheet to lower the sections in and lift them out. All total it's 17 boxes and 8 table sections. It took about (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Connecting monorail cars

"Bryan Kinkel" <helpdesk@loseyourmind.com> wrote in message news:IBKAzK.o3C@lugnet.com... (...) There are a number of threads on this topic, I myself have built three, four, and six car versions of the Airport Shuttle. I have had great results with (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motor cutouts (was Re: Vincent Veneman: AMAZING building)

(...) I've had one motor where the cutout failed. After removal it worked fine. I now remove all of these on my DCC conversions. And rely on the overload protection on the decoder. I was also experimenting with swapping the can motor from a dead (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Question about LEGO train motors

(...) I converted 2 of my motors to DCC. And I tapped the pinion gears closer to the motor on bothe. But One of my gearbox still made ratcheting sounds. I'm wondering if it's the gears, or is it the motor combined with DCC? Mat (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Connecting monorail cars

(...) I beleive people have used these [LDrawPart 3183:0] [LDrawPart 3730:0] [LDrawPart 3184:0] [LDrawPart 3731:0] and possibly this [LDrawPart 2508:0] to get more distance between cars for the corners. The non-truck end of the third car then rests (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Connecting monorail cars

(...) William Howard is the expert on this, but I think he used 2x2 plates with ball-and-socket connectors to attach the back of one monorail base to the front of another. Jason Railton (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Connecting monorail cars

I recently won an auction for a 6399 Airport Shuttle. I'm really happy to have finally obtained this set. Digging through my unsorted parts bin, I discovered that I have an extra 4x20 monorail base. But I cannot figure out how to incorporate a third (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  wife's MOCs

Here are some MOCs built by my wife. They are a flower shop, a bakery, an outdoor BBQ restaurant, a fruit & vegetable stand, a Victorian garden, and a zoo. (URL) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !

  Two small stores

Here are a couple of stores that I have been bringing to various shows for close to 2 years now. I finally got around to doing photo shoots for my web site. (URL) Will's Grill>: (4 URLs) Pete's Pets>: (3 URLs) They each fit on a 16x32 baseplate, and (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Motor cutouts (was Re: Vincent Veneman: AMAZING building)

(...) That's why my big diesels have 2 motors without question. It also makes life easier if both bogies are the same (not for class 28 CoBo!). Big steam engines have 2 motors under the tender, plus any extra ones for driving the wheels. Small steam (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  10001 out the door?

I went to the Colorado Mills Lego outlet store on Friday and noticed a shipment of 10001’s that just arrived. I asked the sales person when he received them in and he said a couple of days ago! I purchased a 10133, and a 10027 and as I was walking (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A lil' Mountain with10 Tunnel Portals

(...) Hi Mark, I'm going to be boxing the mountain module up this week for a show we're doing in two weeks. I will snap some pictures and post them so you can see how everything goes together. I use smaller tables set on top of the base tables with (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Vincent Veneman: AMAZING building

I'd agree with Mark that technic figs are about 1/20 scale. My metre guage stuff works out at about 1/25 and there are a bit big and my two foot guage stuff at 1/16 and they are definately a too small. Having said that, the figs on this model look (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Vincent Veneman: AMAZING building

(...) I probably should stick to things I can understand better. But still, its a nice calculation! (...) This is one thing I pondered about too. With the way they are displayed on his table, it would seem that they were display models. Yet the (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A lil' Mountain with10 Tunnel Portals

(...) Oooh - that's tricky. I bet viewers spend a lot of time watching to see where the trains are going to appear next! That's always good fun. Thanks! (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Vincent Veneman: AMAZING building

(...) I had thought that technic figures were about 1:20 scale, similar to the 18-wide trains at Legoland, but as with minifigures, you can get away with a range of scales and just assume average people are a bit taller or shorter! I see there's one (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A lil' Mountain with10 Tunnel Portals

(...) I see you have 2 crossovers behind the scenes, one on the green track and one on the yellow. I like the way it enables you to put more tunnel portals in view of the audience. Of course turning round in a small space is essential, not something (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A lil' Mountain with10 Tunnel Portals

(...) Yes, he does seem to have enough parrots for it. Ewwwww! A mountain of bird poop! Legoswami Samarth (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Vincent Veneman: AMAZING building

I saw these earlier on brickshelf but couldn't find them later, until now. I finally stumbled across this again!: (URL) builder says the scale is 1 : 24 on 60mm wide track. Is that technic fig scale? Because I see some technic figs in one of the (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: A lil' Mountain with10 Tunnel Portals

Do you have (...) Hi Chris, Here's a close-up picture of the lower bridge. As you can see the bridge is an illusion. I needed to keep it at table level since all the track running under the mountain is on the table. I considered a slight elevation (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about LEGO train motors

(...) I have never modified a motor for DCC. LUCNY isn't that advanvced ... yet. But I have had to fix a couple of motors. One was too far gone, while a couple of others were fixable. The problem I found was the mesh between the motor's pinion gear (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Question about LEGO train motors

What's the scoop on getting LEGO train motors to run (and keep running) smoothly? As our motors age, they tend to make grinding gear sounds. This weekend I converted 7 motors to DCC using 5 brand new motors. Some are OK and some grind away, (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A lil' Mountain with10 Tunnel Portals

In lugnet.trains, Rob Hendrix wrote: SNIP (...) maybe its guano? (20 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: 2 different sliding doors

(...) Might be worth checking if UV is a common acronym for anything in Danish. ROSCO (20 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts)

  Re: A lil' Mountain with10 Tunnel Portals

Ok.. in Lar's defense he is a hardcore train modeler first, and Lego maniac second... (...) UNIX Systems, Network and IT Specialist a.k.a. Guesseppi Piegatura di Carta If you aren't having fun, you're doing the wrong thing! All opinions expressed (...) (20 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: 2 different sliding doors

(...) I have no idea myself, but prototype seems reasonable guessing to me. They may have decided that it required too fiddly of a position to cover the opening and that a wider opening was better... Thanks for sharing this, what ever it is! (20 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts)

  2 different sliding doors

Hi, I already asked this question in the forum at 1000steine.de but nobody could give an answer, although there a many 12V hardcore fans. I also emailed a couple of fans but nobody has ever seen the door at the bottom of the picture: (URL) pic (...) (20 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts)

  Re: A lil' Mountain with10 Tunnel Portals

(...) This is way cool. So much stuff in such a reasonable space! Do you have a track plan or some kind of top view, so we can see what happens *inside* the mountain? I'm especially curious of the low bridge across the stream. (20 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: A lil' Mountain with10 Tunnel Portals

Steve, I wanted to take a minute and tell you how I've enjoyed the progress on your Turtle Creek Branch Line. You've always built beautiful MOCs, and this is no exception, it is really, really cool! The scope of the project is mind boggling and the (...) (20 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trackside Frivolity

(...) Look out, there's a train coming! You have too many parrots Tim (20 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Trackside Frivolity

A Jimmy Buffet / Alfred Hitchcock collaboration: (URL) Darrow (20 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  ParLUGment on Ice - Lego Trains at Winterlude!

Hi all, Just a friendly reminder if you're in the Ottawa (Ontario, Canada) area - come by and check out our LEGO train layout on the Rideau Canal for the Winterlude festivities. We will be operating from the Canal from 10am to 5pm tomorrow and (...) (20 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains)

  6 wide tank car. Update v.2

With alittle help I was able to eliminate the shadows in the render. It is much easier to see the construction. (URL) you have any questions, just ask. Dave www.GPLR.org (20 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  6 wide tank car. Update

(...) Ok here you go. I made a render that shows an exploded view. The construction is very simple. There is a top and bottom, then two sides that hold it all together. I also made a small window to show how the trucks connect. Deep link (URL) hope (...) (20 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A present for my Dad and a 6 wide tank car.

(...) James's instuctions are for an 8 wide version. I am currently working on instructions for my 6 wide version. I should have it online shortly and I will let you all know. Dave www.GPLR.org (20 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A present for my Dad and a 6 wide tank car.

(...) Yes the ARR version is idenical to the BNSF set. Although there were some small changes do to part availability. Like the hood is not availible in blue. The Raised part behind the cab, I substituted for other slope parts to get the same (...) (20 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A present for my Dad and a 6 wide tank car.

(...) I thought the GP38 was more or less a recolor of the BNSF set... if that's correct, a copy of the set's instructions and some pics to show where the colors split ought to be enough to do your own version... (20 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact