 Trains / 24346
Re: Peak Diesel Engine (was Re: BNSF new paint)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:37:58 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:
Mark Bellis wrote:
Finally got round to posting some pics of my Class 44 Peak diesel engine.  When
moving over the points, the articulated bogies are a sight to behold!

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/Trains/Diesel/Class-44-Peak/peak_curve_ba_agm_2004.jpg>

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/Trains/Diesel/Class-44-Peak/peak_half_angle_ba_agm_2004.jpg>

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/Trains/Diesel/Class-44-Peak/peak_straight_ba_agm_2004.jpg>

PLMKWYT

Mark

Hey just had to chime in. I like the engine, but I had to add that I
like the "support beam visible through the vent effect" that you did
with the SNOTted grille tiles.

Chris

Thanks :-)
I particularly like the fact that the effect is easier to achieve with Lego in
8mm scale than in HO or OO in 3.5mm or 4mm scale.

Using SNOT with grille tiles gives a finer grille than just alternating plates,
and there's some relief rather than a smooth side to the loco.  I had to make up
the multiple of 5 plates high with a row of tiles below the grilles.  It's all
supported inside with 2x2 angle brackets.

Mark