 Trains / 24161
Re: BNSF new paint
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:00:42 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Samarth Moray wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Samarth Moray wrote:
Warbonnets FOREVER!
Jim

Hear Hear! It's almost ironic that lego's model is now outdated, what with
this heritage IV coming out (or is it III?) Gotta admit it looks MCUH
cooler than the old one though.

Na. Too trendy. The Cigar Band nose logo is much cooler thsn some
"lightning bolt"ish thing.

Have to agree

Meh... I think its because you guys are old school. Which is not to say I
don't like any of the old stuff; For example, I LOVE hood units from ALCo,
EMD- but I like the new Diesels (and the schemes) as well. Its a relief from
some of the extremely disgusting liveries we have here. BTW, have any of you
seen KTM Malaysia/German Railway's
<http://www.emcf.de/bilder/pub/LOKOSE/pix/blue-tiger.jpg blue tiger>? It is
my DREAM to build one, after some other projects are out of the way: Its THE
favourite Diesel for me.... [Beautiful.]

Sorry, that thing is ugly. No offense, it looks like it has a lot of power and
sophistication, great technology, etc, and it would be an interesting model, but
it is fugly ugly. There's no accounting for taste I guess.

I personally like the ATSF PA(1)...

http://images.google.com/images?q=atsf+PA&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search

especially this image...

http://www.trainnet.org/Libraries/Lib005/ATSF52.JPG

52 is tired there. She was repainted sloppily with the silver/red interface
along the bottom all messed up and is looking long in the tooth, but she still
looks better than any other loco type, even when fresh out of the paint shop in
builder's colors.

1 - If you take a survey of North American railfans as to which is their
favorite diesel, the one they think is the most beautiful, the Alco PA in ATSF
Warbonnet wins. It has been winning for at least 50 years now.