 Trains / 24345
making parts Re: Preview ALCO RS-1 A. T. & S. F.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:38:35 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:
   The ALCO RS-1 is an appropriate switch-yard locomotive to service Santa Fe’s Hi-Level El Capitan during its introduction in 1956-- shown here in era-appropriate zebra livery.

Here is a preview to an upcoming ALCO RS-1 illustrated step book: front-cover-shot, • snipped I hope LEGO(R) releases the new 1x3x1 curved brick in black. However, appropriate RS-1 liveries do exist which had a red roof...and the brick is available in red.

Thanks, Steve Barile, for reminding me about this very cool new brick!

Thanks for checking it out.

later,

James Mathis

James beutiful work as always.

While we dream, a 4 wide version would be nice as well, not to mention a bulk pack!

I’ve toyed with the idea of molding/casting repro parts. This may be the right part to try it with. The best resin I’ve found, “task 9” is a transulcent light amber color, but it can be mixed with dye to be a solid black.

“Join me in the dark side”

Mat