 Trains / 24358
Re: Preview ALCO RS-1 A. T. & S. F.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2005 02:03:09 GMT

James Mathis wrote:
The ALCO RS-1 is an appropriate switch-yard locomotive to service Santa
Fe's Hi-Level El Capitan during its introduction in 1956-- shown here in
era-appropriate zebra livery.

<<http://www.brickbuilttrains.com/alco_rs1/v8/alco_rs1_v8_p1_small.png>>

Here is a preview to an upcoming ALCO RS-1 illustrated step book:
<http://www.brickbuilttrains.com/alco_rs1/v8/alco_rs1_v8_book_front_v1.png
front-cover-shot>,
<http://www.brickbuilttrains.com/alco_rs1/v8/alco_rs1_v8_book_back_v1.png back
cover>, and a
<http://www.brickbuilttrains.com/alco_rs1/v8/alco_rs1_v6_real_brick_build.jpg an
early real-brick-build> which uses this <http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/30602
2x2 curved slope brick>.

I hope LEGO(R) releases the new 1x3x1 curved brick in black.  However,
appropriate RS-1 liveries do exist which had a red roof...and the brick is
available in red.

Thanks, Steve Barile, for reminding me about this very cool new brick!

Yes, that new brick is going set the train world afire.

Thanks for checking it out.

Nice model, by the way :)

Chris

later,