 Trains / 24311
Re: Train Bases
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 17:55:31 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

I believe some builders use them embedded

I can't see how... I was under the impression that it would be easier to simply
use stacked plates instead. Embedding a train base would solve a lot of problems
with the motor connection issues, since the holes for mating would already be
there, but you'd have to basically surround the base with 1 x x plates on either
sides. These wouldn't be practical if you were going to have, say a catwalk on
the side. Unless of course, you'd be going for a design that exceeded the length
of the base itself, where you could connect the surrounding 1 x x plates with
bigger plates on the sides. Which would normally be the case, IMO. This again is
assuming youre going for a 2/3 base height in the first place....

Legoswami Samarth