 Trains / 24286
Re: A lil' Mountain with10 Tunnel Portals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 16:46:11 GMT

"Brian Darrow" <bdarrow@insightbb.com> writes:

Hi Chris,
Here's a close-up picture of the lower bridge.  As you can see the bridge is
an illusion.  I needed to keep it at table level since all the track running
under the mountain is on the table.  I considered a slight elevation of a
couple of bricks for the bridge but it really didn't look much different
than the table level rendition.  It all sets so far back in the layout that
it just wasn't worth complicating what takes place under the mountain to get
a little air under the bridge.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bdarrow/ExpoModule/2005_0205image0001.jpg

Ok, thanks.

Here's a diagram of the track layout, however, I'm not at all proficient
with track designer.  The green is the main level, the yellow is the upper
level and blue represents the drop down section with the stone arch bridge.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bdarrow/ExpoModule/mountain.jpg
Some of the spurs and turnouts are not on this diagram, but hopefully you
can get an idea of how the whole thing lays out.

Oooh - that's tricky. I bet viewers spend a lot of time watching to see
where the trains are going to appear next! That's always good fun.

Thanks!

--
Experience should guide us, not rule us.

Chris Gray     cg@ami-cg.GraySage.COM
               http://www.GraySage.COM/cg/