 Trains / 24244
Re: A lil' Mountain with10 Tunnel Portals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 22:20:49 GMT

snipped
I have a couple of bones to pick though...

Water isn't blue. I think it's much more effective to do water with clear
or
transblue elements...

Snow on top? I think this tends to make mountains look "Disneyish", even
with
selective compression our mountains are NEVER big enough to have a
distinct,
visible snow line... That sort of line tends to only be visible at much
farther
distances. This mountain isn't high enough to justify snow at the top and
non
snow at the bottom.

Odd you should say this.  I really like the look of the blue water cascading
down
the mountain and the way the light reflects off the sloped bricks.  It's
going to take a tall, tall mountain to really justify a snow cap.  Wouldn't
you agree that building with LEGO is more about the overall "feel" of the
MOC?  To get it exactly right we'll have to go back to scale Model
Railroading and get out the plaster, lichen and polyurethane.

Brian Darrow