 Trains / 24231
Re: A lil' Mountain with10 Tunnel Portals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 18:03:54 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Brian Darrow wrote:
Here's a sneak peek at the mountain module I'm making for IndyLUG/Central
Indiana LTC's display at this years Children's & Parents Expo Feb 19,20 & 21 at
the Indiana State Fairgrounds.  There are three train loops and the lower two
can run independantly or be switched to connect with the rest of the club's
layout.
I've still got a lot of details to add however here's what's done so far:

Holy cow, that's amazing!  Still more details to add?  It looks finished to me!!

I really like the multiple levels.  I think train displays have continuously
become larger and larger on two dimensions, but adding height (apart from really
tall buildings) is something that we should all aim for.

Having built mountains and tunnels myself, I can really appreciate the
difficulty in building convicing rock walls, and supporting the mountain's
weight!

-Bryan