 Trains / 24243
Re: A lil' Mountain with10 Tunnel Portals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 21:59:37 GMT

Thanks to everyone for the kind remarks on the mountain.

To answer a few questions:  I don't know if I was going for scale
compression as much as I was just going for artistic expression.  It does
give you the impression of some distance from front to back so perhaps I
stumbled on to it.  I'll post a few "ground level" pics later tonight to
give you a kid' eye view of it.

Transportation requires a trailer.  Indylug purchased a 5x8 trailer last
fall with show proceeds which we store the tables (20 - 4x8 baseplates
tables, 4 - 4x6 baseplate tables plus a few smaller tables for our shows) in
at Mark Peterson's house.  All of these tables plus the mountain and my
space BIA fit in the trailer, however I don't store my LEGO in the trailer
between shows.  I build custom boxes out of large triple ply cardboard I
find at Lowe's and Menards.  Since my son's are grown and out of the house
my wife consented to letting me use their bedrooms for storage.  The main
upper level mountain breaks apart into four sections.  Three are 2x2
baseplates and the fourth is a 2x3 baseplates.  The baseplate sections are
taped together on the bottom with masking tape.  The infrastructure of the
mountain is duplo and scrap LEGO built very sturdily with durability and the
ease of transportation in mind.

I'm going to be boxing it up next week for our show on the 19th and I'll
snap a few pics so you can see how it all breaks down.

Again, thank you for the encouragement,
Brian Darrow