 Trains / 24317
Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 23:22:46 GMT

It won’t be long until these “digger buckets” are not longer needed!

Check out the inital concept for this VO1000 switcher (Yet another Turtle Creek MOC)... http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/7701

The roof is made up of the new 1x3 rounded bricks (LDRaw #50950) that is used as front bumpers in the 2005 Fire Truck set # 7239 http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7239. They are only available in white and red, but I can easily see these coming out in black (got your ears on Jake!)

SteveB

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard “Ben” Beneke wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.de, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Reinhard “Ben” Beneke wrote:

   Maybe the most difficult part in the whole construction is the fine line of the waggon base. There is only one plate between the snotted top and the undercarriage - a and so this means it is built under use of lots of tiles which are hard to fix to the rest.

I dunno. *I* think the most difficult part of building one of these is saving up digger buckets till you have enough for a roof!

Hi Larry,

they are not really rare and appear now and then on Bricklink in amount of dozens. And these are just the black ones. The grey ones are often much more expensive at bricklink and other market places. I was lucky enough to get nearly 100 in each colour into my hands since James Mathis posted his original roof idea first time. The other waggon I created lest weekend used up my last grey spares of buckets, so there are none left for April fool purpose. ;-)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ben/train-cars/007qcattleboxcar.jpg

Leg Godt!

Ben