 Off-Topic / Fun / 10979
Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 17:50:15 GMT

In lugnet.fun, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

   I’m whinging, not whining, there’s a difference.

AH HA! According to dictionary.com:

Whining:

1) To utter a plaintive, high-pitched, protracted sound, as in pain, fear, supplication, or complaint.

2) To complain or protest in a childish fashion.

Whinging:

1) To complain or protest, especially in an annoying or persistent manner.

The critical words here are ‘complain and protest’ the other stuff is just a slight variation on the same theme. So, yeah, a difference, but a NEGLIGIBLE one. (Gotcha!)

   FWIW: you put the apostrophe character in the wrong place. Twice. Some pedant YOU are.

Ahhh good, you spotted my delibrately planted grammatical mistakes. You still have it! GOOD GOOD.

   the sensai! YOU are the founder of FRPA

Just a mere member, not the founder... it’s an orkut.com thing.

Okay, I’ll change that... You’re (*delibrately* right place this time) the Lugnet division founder. There.

   But it’s mental, of course :-D

Of course! ... but then, YOU’RE clearly mental. :-) Not that there’s

Bieng mental keeps us sane. Human biengs, collectively, may be ‘average’ but were it not for the little quirks the individuals have, they would be mere hamsters, eternally trying to get to the end of the exercise wheel of life. :-)

   Future king of .trains, sidebar curator, and WORLD DOMINATOR! MWAHAHAHAHAH!

Geez, *another* king wannabe. Didn’t we just go through this over in off-topic.test.foo? Yeesh.

That was Chris. This is me. And who wants an obscure o-t.test.foo when I can have all of .trains? It’s the difference between Mayfair and Whitechapel in Monopoly :-P

   Look, kid, first you need to join LUGNET as a member. Scrape up the ten bucks or 437.200 rupees (or whatever it is

In all seriousness, I have been debating on whether I should spend cash on new sets or get a membership. I’m pretty sure I’ll upgrade in the coming months though... So watch out.

Legoswami Samarth