 Trains / 24288
Re: Vincent Veneman: AMAZING building
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 22:16:38 GMT

I'd agree with Mark that technic figs are about 1/20 scale. My metre guage stuff
works out at about 1/25 and there are a bit big and my two foot guage stuff at
1/16 and they are definately a too small. Having said that, the figs on this
model look too small and yet they should be too big. (The other element I have
to take into consideration with this is that my mental person-to-train size
ratio is based on UK prototypes and of course a Dutch loco is bigger)
Gauge 2 (the size up from gauge 1) standard gauge has a track width of 64mm so
perhaps that is the way to go!

And the model? great!!

Tim

BTW David Eaton has a minifig (and technic fig) scale tool at
http://www.suave.net/~dave/cgi/scale.cgi It doesn't do ratios but its still
useful.