 Trains / 24314
Re: Packing the Mountain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 20:07:19 GMT

This one
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1095622>
shows me how you've supported the mountain.  I can see the cubic
structure -
about every 16 studs?  However, is that a stack of red 1x4 bricks at the
middle
of the back?

Mark,
The lowest section of the support column is 2x4 duplo bricks.  The middle
column progresses to 2x8 LEGO brick configuration as it climbs up the back
of the module.  I do use 1x's on the cross members but all the main support
columns never get smaller that 2x wide.  That particular module is
approaching 31 inches tall and I've yet to any trouble with stability. Don't
jinx me :)
I'll be happy to take some more close up pics if you'd like to see more of
the interior of these larger modules.
Brian Darrow