 Trains / 24356
Re: Larger type of old style train wheel?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2005 03:21:03 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mark Bellis wrote:
Just looked at these recent pictures of train set boxes on Brickshelf:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=116917>

Looking at the pictures for 7750:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1101725>
(both inset pictures) and
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1101727>
(bottom left picture)
These pictures appear to show a larger train wheel, presumably a prototype for
the large wheelset shown in the other pictures.  There isn't a larger old style
train wheel listed on either Bricklink or Peeron.

Mark,
Those train wheels were never released to the public, although they appear in
lots of vintage photos. They have been mentioned before:
http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=49892&t=f&v=a

Hope that helps,
Clark