 Trains / *5282 (-100)
  matching motor speeds on mutli-motor trains

Today, when my green trolley rearended my red trolley I decided to test my motors. I ranked them in order of speed. Then I thought that it would be bad to have a fast motor paired with a slow motor. I thought that pairing motors with dissimilar (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Jawn Henry construction notes (was Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NQC and RCX

(...) If you do this (1) you need to arrange for articulation of some sort. I used a ball and socket(2). Others have used an arrangement to allow the non motor wheelset to slide sideways. (3) But if you make the 6 wheel truck rigid, you won't be (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Maglev Train

(...) It looks great but how do you intend to handle corners - I know Maglev does curve much but in real life it does have a guide rail. Basically I'm trying to make a train like this: (URL) of LEGO for ten years and still haven't got a perfect (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Pics of Eurostar Train

(...) Just what I was looking for! Alan (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NQC and RCX

Thanks for the advise Michel, After looking over the Jawn Henry schematics last night I noticed that each six driver wheelset, there being 4 sets of 6, has an offset between the first and second pair of drivers, then the second and third are close (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Maglev Train

That's VERY cool. Not being privy to a monorail set, I've been trying to build an elevated railway for a long time now. I never thought about the possibility of using the toothed rails as the driving mechanism. Alan Gerber (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Pics of Eurostar Train

You'll find the pictures on the European Railway Server here: (URL) this is helpful, Nicholas Allan "Alan Gerber" <foofoogood@hotmail....ed_e-mail> wrote in message news:Fs0AE0.8GM@lugnet.com... (...) european (...) couldn't (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics of Eurostar Train

(...) You might do well to try here: www.eurostar.com eric (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Maglev Train

I've made a maglev train in LDraw and you can see it at (URL) set: <set:2847> (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Pics of Eurostar Train

Could someone give me a link to more pics of this train: (URL) ? I've tried the european railway picture gallery, but the navigation was too confusing and I couldn't find it. TIA Alan (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train

(...) hehe... c /Terminalogical/Terminological/ ++Lar (24 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train

(...) Na, you got it just about right. I don't _know_ of any other makers of 'solid' wheels for railway engine use, so I think that it is right to call all wheels like that boxpox wheels. The only class of UK engines I can think of that used them (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  GFLTC at the H & R Train Show (Tampa Bay Area of Florida)

Hi all, The Greater Florida LEGO Train Club will have a large display at the H & R Trains Spring Show, March 31, April 1 and 2 in Pinellas Park, Florida. It’s our biggest show of the year (to date). The main layout is a large 23ft long x 3ft deep (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Re: GFLTC Take on Modules...

(...) James, It only looks like it's against the wall, there is a 2 and 1/2 foot space in the back. The back panels lift off for access and the speed controllers are behind the club logo(outside). Robin W. GFLTC (URL) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New train

(...) I think Boxpox was a brand name for cast drivers that had small round holes as their cutouts instead of the more conventional spoked wheels. I also think people started using the term for any solid (except for round holes) drivers, (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Just how sturdy are your trains?

Well, if you rely only on auctions for your pieces, yes. I stopped buying from auctions and just buy the sets that have the pieces I need. Oh my! That's expensive! From that standpoint, buying the tiles from auczilla doesn't look so bad. Besides, (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train

That's a cool looking engine, Ben! Thanks for sharing. Build On! John Matthews Ben Fleskes <benfleskes@msn.com> wrote in message news:Frx0CH.2tM@lugnet.com... (...) something. (...) early (...) now, I (...) truck. (...) chairs as (...) cylinders. (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

I think you got it right there Dean. I would said the same thing, but, um, I didn't. Build On! John Matthews Dean Husby <nntp@akasa.bc.ca> wrote in message news:38DAD121.7FC802...a.bc.ca... (...) hold my (...) Panther (...) 1.35th (...) to a (...) (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NQC and RCX

The central wheel from the 12V train motors comes off by simply pushing it upward, yo then fit the wider hub into the top of the hole in the middle of the 9V motor, and push it down. It allows a 6 wheel setup. They don't exactly match, but if it is (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Just how sturdy are your trains?

I agree, but wouldn't that be EXSPENSIVE? (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Just how sturdy are your trains?

James The wire is for the light that is behind the 1x1 clear rounds[1]. I had[2] it wired so that a LEGO wire coming from the working engine, an engine with a motor, would connect to an electric plate at the back of the dummy, SD40-2, engine. The (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Just how sturdy are your trains?

Thanks for putting up a link to the "exploded" view. Now, I finally know what you mean by putting o-rings on those wheels. For the longest time I couldn't figure out what you were talking about. The o-ring goes inbetween the rims of the hub. Use two (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train

Ben, There are 2 standard heights for Legomodular now - 10 bricks and 22 bricks. We have gotten all the particulars worked out, I believe. I just fired off a Word Doc to everyone for comments before it is posted. I want to make sure everyone (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Meeting in the St. Louis Area.

Hey, I'm in Chicago. St. Louis is a bit of a drive for weekly meetings but I'd be happy to visit if you are displaying at the NMRA show next year. I'll bring my layout! -BMW (...) Saturday (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.il)

  Re: First Meeting in the St. Louis Area.

(...) Saturday (...) Yes I had thought of that. Thank You!!! (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.il)

  Re: First Meeting in the St. Louis Area.

(...) Quick 'FYI': The 2001 National Model Railroaders Association show is going to be held in St. Louis. Since you posted to .trains and .trains.org, this might be something to think about: (URL) fun! JohnG, GMLTC (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.il)

  Re: New train

(...) touch. (...) ben>> It's a brick. (...) coined (...) ben>> Larry, would you please elaborate. I do not know what you mean by boxpox drivers? Would those be drive wheels that do not have spokes? (...) ben>> Thanks Larry! Is it save to say that I (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Frist Meeting in the St. Louis Area.

Any interested people in Saint Louis, Missouri, Illinois area and any others in the area wanting to start a Lego Club Wayne Green and I are meeting at the Steak and Shake at Saint Charles Rock Rd. Off I270 and I70 at 6:00 on Saturday 25 Mar 00. This (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.il)

  Re: New train

(...) bricks (...) found (...) them. (...) ben>> Hmm, I think I got the 2x3 with quarter rounds in blue from Auczilla, or perhaps they were from some happy meals. Do not tend to keep track of such things. In either case, I'm short about five of them (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

(...) bodies... (...) * (...) They are clearer here : (URL) the rigid ones not used before that?? Scott A (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

(...) Actually, I think that those two minifigs are normal sized, but the big ones are some sort of giants who have captured them... (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

Christopher Masi <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote in message news:38DB335C.B5F154...ane.edu... [snip] (...) I think the monorail looks tremendously better using 1x4 gray tiles instead of plates to join track sections. Mike Poindexter (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: Minifig What scale are they??

(...) This fact was hammered home after I did a couple of thinkgs on the weekend. 1. Played with my kids and build another 4-stud wide big rig. Small, realistic, high vroomability factor. 2. Started sorting my kids LEGO and found selection of (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

(...) The classic LEGO scale (1 door = 3 bricks high) used by LEGO from 1955-1972 is in almost perfect HO train scale. Gary Istok (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Proposed 'Legomodule' standard

(...) Terminology alert. I'd tend to call sections that are designed never to mate with anything else something other than "common", They're more or less unique, since the interface across the module boundary is non standard and unique to that (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Modular tables

(...) "How to Win Friends", by Larry P... <g, d & R!> JohnG, GMLTC (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Proposed 'Legomodule' standard

(...) I agree completely. That's why we try to do that exact thing on our 'common' sections - the sections that *always* line up next to each other. Building vertical is good - it adds a lot of interest and visual appeal... JohnG, GMLTC (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

(...) Depends on what theme: Police and fireman have a graduated scale based on tenure. Medical staff have a similar but more progressive scale. Adventurers, Rock Raiders and Space work for a "finders fee". Castle only have scales on their mail. (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: New train

(...) something. (...) early (...) Chairs as skirting!! Wow is that cool. And using the LL928, what a great touch. Makes me want to go out and blow a hundred just to get a copy of that sticker/brick (I forget which) We're starting to see a nice (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Building my train table

Good point, I really wasn't thinking about how much a legomodular would weight. Mike Poindexter wrote in message ... (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Just how sturdy are your trains?

Christopher, Just a quick question kind of off the subject. But on your pictures of your SD40-2 there were some black and red wires ((URL) What are those for? James Christopher Masi wrote in message <38DB335C.B5F154D@cm...ne.edu>... (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GFLTC Take on Modules...

Robin, I was wondering how you run the layouts when they're in cabinets? I noticed that at the GATS show your layout was against the wall, so you wouldn't be able to stand behind it. (or that's what the picture looked like) How do you change rolling (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Building my train table

Thank you all for the suggestions. I don't have time to comment now on each one (things are a bit crazy in the office this morning). But I have printed all of the suggestions and will be taking them into account as I build my table. I do believe I'm (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Just how sturdy are your trains?

Hi Christopher, I think that's quite natural. Fine detailed models with studs in changing directions will be more fragile than massive models with all studs upside... As an example Torsten Werneckes bavarian 4-4-4 steam engine is quite stable when (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Building my train table

FYI, it's more expensive, but if you use birch plywood for the top/sides/girders, the table will be much lighter, stiffer, and stronger than using plain plywood or LDF/MDF. You could go all the way down to 1/4" birch plywood and still take an (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Just how sturdy are your trains?

Let me say that this is NOTmeant to be derogatory in any way. I just checked out Ben's "a Baltimore and Ohio Royal Blue 2-6-2 steam engine" (URL) it got me thinking. Ben used a stud forward building technique along the length of the engine, and I (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train

Ben, It looks nice. It looks like you are using rounded off "FreeStyle" 2x3 bricks [1] on the cab and on the tender. I have been looking for those. I have only found one FreeStyle set that has them in blue, and that $20 set only has two of them. (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train

(...) something. (...) Very cool! It's the first aerodynamic steam engine I have seen in the net so far: great shape! I like the amount of rounded bricks, the use of seats as valves/cylinders and the cool colour of course. Regards, Ben (the ABS one) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train

Stop the madness!!! Ben's bingeing again! SteveB Ben Fleskes wrote in message ... (...) something. (...) early (...) now, I (...) truck. (...) chairs as (...) cylinders. (...) forward (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New train

All this talk of modules and standards inspired me to actually build something. (URL) a Baltimore and Ohio Royal Blue 2-6-2 steam engine circa, late 1930s early 1940s. Not sure if the wheel arrangement is correct since the leading and trailing truck (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Lego Modular tables

(...) Something that came up on the call is that for geometry reasons, if you want curved modules not to have overhanging track you need your track centers on multiples of 8 studs away from the module edge. So the outermost track should be at 8 (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NQC and RCX

(...) I have to go with John on this one. Afer all, he's my acolyte and some of that infallibility was bound to rub off on him. (...) No, the moral is, you're not going to be able to prove me or John wrong about stuff at this point in our (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

(...) later ~ craig~ (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NQC and RCX

(...) I have seen people put the 12V center wheel from a 12V motor there. Not sure how they did it. If you do, you lose the outer cladding (which simulates the truck sideframe members, spring hangers and other stuff). (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  GFLTC Take on Modules...

With over 70 post with in the last 24 hours, most on the table and module design. I thought I would give the GFLTC take on display modules. We don’t just use tables, we cover them, making them cabinets. It make it easy to setup and operate at shows. (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Legomodular standards

Watch this space. A conference call (sponsored by Mercator Software Inc.) was just held among GMLTC and BAYLTC and I believe we've reached a consensus on legomodular standards, for module size, and for the interface points. I don't want to (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Building my train table

Perhaps my tables are a bit overkill for a tabletop Lego layout (actually, they definitely are) but they are not overkill for a legomodular layout where 70+ pounds of bricks are put on top of them in addition to the structures and rolling stock. (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

(...) The thing that everyone is missing is this... This isn't Earth, they aren't humans. They are Legoans and they come from LegoLand. (I've seen proof!) It's a classic Xenophobe reaction. Shame on you all! They are perfect as they are! Back to (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Building my train table

The PNLTC tables aren't too bad to make once you have the jig for the holes. I just have the guys at Home Depot cut the top wood for me (3/8 particle board for the NGLTC), their saw makes a much nicer cut the I can do on the driveway with my (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Proposed 'Legomodule' standard

I have been envisioning a different idea. Start at, for example, 4 bricks + 1 plate at the audience side of the module. Run 1-2 main lines there. At the back of the module, run 1-2 main lines at an elevation of 22 bricks +1 plate. That leaves 18 (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Proposed 'Legomodule' standard

I was under the impression that you were using 3/4" plywood, which is what I was told before. I am using 3/4" plywood on top of the banquet legs. I will check the height this evening and post it. FYI, 20 bricks + 1 plate + 1 baseplate = 7.748", so (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Proposed 'Legomodule' standard

(...) I'm not even certain. I think the banquet table legs are around 30 inches, 1/2 inch plywood, 20 bricks = track height around 36 or 38 inches... (I might be way off though...) JohnG, GMLTC (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Proposed 'Legomodule' standard

(...) This is fine. Have you considered...lowering the scenery and keeping the track at the same level? However, I would tend to think that it would work either way...and 10 bricks high is buildable by more people than 20 (about 2/3 bricks as a (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Proposed 'Legomodule' standard

Larry P and I have been overloading my email server going back and forth on this topic today. This is what I'm proposing: TWO standards. A 'LOW' standard, and a 'HIGH' standard. Low standard is 10 bricks tall, High standard is 20 bricks tall. We'd (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Modular tables

Good start. I've found the locations of set track alignments to be a tricky one. Since LEGO track doesn't (yet) come in differnent lengths, does your proposed standard presume the track ends right at the end of the module, or perhaps 8 studs from (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Building my train table

Mike has some good points. The PNLTC design isn't the most simple thing out there and Mike suggested a reasonable alternative. The PNLTC design is designed to keep weight to a minimum and still have sufficient strength. Personaly, I have 8 or so of (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Lego Modular tables

Why not do this in the mannor of N-track? Lenghts in multiples of 2 sections of track. Width: any width Ends: Track centers to be located at: 10 studs in, 20 studs in, (30 studs optional) from front of table. Hight: To be 36" or 40" high. Now, some (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

Ahh, the ageless question :) Dave Eaton and I, in the course of our AT-AT Marathon (I'm still recovering ...) e-mailed each other regularly on issues about scale. For the most part, I went by the minifig's height, and said that it was equal to 1.8 (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Building my train table

(...) For a schematic of the current iteration of the GMLTC layout, check out: (URL) The dimensions of the rectangles are 30" x 45" (6 large gray baseplates) -John (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Building my train table

2. Get some Birch faced plywood. It has a closed grain that will take primer and paint well, or if that is too expensive, just get some plain old plywood. Make sure to use primer if you use the plain stuff, so that the grain will be hidden. Build (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

(...) You've never seen S4 then...since it had NO tolerances except those that were scaled from full size. (and it was not one person who built to it, there were a bunch of people who built to it). In larger "scales", I beleve the work of Leo Myers (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

"Dean Husby" <nntp@akasa.bc.ca> wrote in message news:38D99A3F.9ED3C5...a.bc.ca... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) leaning (...) maximum (...) several reasons. 1) We didn't see any reason to re-invent the wheel - I am personally not a big NIH fan. 2) We (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Legomodules

Larry & JohnG, Thanks for pointing out these pictures. I think these pictures will help those of us who have not seen these wonderful displays at a train show. Those GMLTC pictures are stunning... Now I understand the need for standards beyond (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Building my train table

I built about 5 of those style tables. They seemed quite more work than they should be, but maybe I am just not very proficient at woodworking. (Probably the latter). If you want easy tables, make them with 3/4" plywood and use 2x4s on their edge to (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Legomodules

(...) Try: (URL) (for just the one pic) or (URL) (for a small page with a few others) ++Lar (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Legomodules

(...) Larry has a picture on his site: (URL) is the GMLTC layout at 12 sections, we've since added 4 more. Each section is 45 inches (three grey baseplates) across the front, and 30 to 40 inches deep. Track height is 20 bricks + 1 plate above the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Building my train table

With all the talk of Lego train tables and layouts, I'm pleased to say that I will be building my first set of tables this weekend. I'm using the PNLTC standard plywood table plans as found at (URL) and (URL) tables will be for use at home with my (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

I think the problem is here that Lego have contradicted themselves with their scaling in certain models. They produce trucks and cars at 4 stud wide, passenger planes at 4 stud wide, yet trains at 6 studs wide? I have seen trains on the back of (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

John Kelly <jkelly69@skypoint.com> wrote in message news:Frw3yx.ELK@lugnet.com... (...) points (...) be (...) else's (...) strucuture (...) time a (...) span (...) Also leave some rows of technic bricks so that the bridge could use longer axles for (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

I think we are on the same track here. I am doing that as well. One option that I think all involved would want is that you can have a "section" comprised of X modules where nothing matches the module standards where they break up EXCEPT where the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

Richard Schamus <legoman34@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:Frw36w.B2u@lugnet.com... (...) not 8 (...) I disagree with you. They can be to scale, just not with minifigs in them. Pick a scale and then calculate how many studs/bricks/plates (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

We use 1/8" thick plexi on the side of our layouts. It has several benefits. -Keeps straying fingers away from the layout. -Helps keep pieces from 'wandering' away. -Keeps the trains, when they derail, from going on the floor. -People can still get (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

(...) I agree with that completely. :-) <Snip> (...) at (...) I agree with this too!!! wow. My thought on this is to incorporate some technic pegs in the wall of the section that can take any bridging strucuture that snaps on. So that if there were (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

Try 1:48, which is "O" scale in trains. Seems to work out okay for us Atewidians;-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NQC and RCX

(...) Here is a question for someone to give some thought to. Is there a way to get a third wheel between to two wheels on the 9v train motor. (of course I am talking about one side of the motor, but I would do it to both sides...) There is a hole (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

Dear all, I'm impressed by the big amount of posts concerning module standards! And all this just because I started a little question in the beginning of this thread.... But to define standards seems to be a serious problem of all train clubs and I (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

(...) (A quick peek behind the scenes at TLC design department... "OMG, he's figured it out! Quick let's leave work early before someone notices this post and we actually have to create something non-juniorized to the correct scale...") I've just (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Legomodular standards

(...) (broken out for emphasis) (...) Whew... Fortunately, that's not what's being advocated. Track spacing and height need not be the same for all modules. Only for a few. And you've already said you're picking a standard size in the length/width (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

(...) If you're a plywood club, you definitely should go with the PNLTC "standard" (there is more than one) given your geographic proximity. ++Lar (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

(...) Again: Trailer is 76 inches wide. Trailer door is 72 inches wide. Between the wheelwells trailer is around 74 inches wide. We need to be able to get the racks into the trailer, and rotate them so they fit in 'cross ways'. This also gives us a (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

OMG...Was this the first Lego Ikea set? lol (...) bodies... (...) * (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

(...) Yep! Just check out: (URL) the parents' heads are still too big anyway :) DaveE (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

In lugnet.trains, Mike Poindexter writes: <snip> (...) <snip> DVD vs. DIVX was not about 'standards', it was about profits. CC bought the sales pitch from the lawyers that they would make more money on DIVX than they could on DVD. DIVX players could (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

(...) Isn't it true that they were originally used as babies in sets with larger 'figs? eric (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

(...) Well, my standard for minifigs is 7mm = 1 minifig foot. This is based off of the fact that minifigs are typically about 42mm tall (you can adjust that with backpacks and hats), which should be roughly 6 feet. This translates roughly into a (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

(...) I was trying to get people to calm down from throwing out ideas like "well, just buy a new trailer" or "just rent a Ryder, never mind that you use the trailer for storage between shows", which are not particularly helpful suggestions. (...) (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

(...) Minifigs are minifig scale. I know they don't scale up to human size: my head isn't as tall as my torso, and my legs are longer than both. Oh, and I have knees. I suspect TLG designed them to be somewhat childlike. Large round heads, (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

(...) The problem is that minifigs don't actually have human proportions. Therefore, "minifig scale" is actually kind of wonky too. ericc (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

Ben Fleskes wrote re th efolding buffet-table type legs: (...) Those legs are stronger then you might think (with decent fixings, of course). They are quite happy with a 280lb guy on the table. Mind you, if it's a long table, it tends to sag in the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

(...) They're not to any particular scale... depending on the dimension you use you get different scales. They are either extremely fat normal height people, or extremely stunted normal thickness people. Lego was just predicting what we all will (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact