 Trains / 5083
Re: New train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 18:46:27 GMT

Chairs as skirting!! Wow is that cool. And using the LL928, what a great • touch.
Makes me want to go out and blow a hundred just to get a copy of that
sticker/brick (I forget which)

ben>> It's a brick.

We're starting to see a nice variety of "steamroller steamers", my newly • coined
term for steamers that use flangeless main drivers that extend back into the
interior of the engine.

Anything that uses solid or boxpox drivers is a good candidate for this
approach.

ben>> Larry, would you please elaborate. I do not know what you mean by boxpox
drivers?  Would those be drive wheels that do not have spokes?

Nice work, Ben.

ben>> Thanks Larry!  Is it save to say that I got the wheel arrangement right
for this train?  For if it was wrong, I'd normally expect you to comment as
such.

I guess plywooders DO know how to build (rolling stock, anyway). :-)

ben>> Was there any doubt?  No sersiously, thanks for the compliments.  And
when I finish my roundhouse/turntable, I expect to impress you with my solid
LEGO creation (Legomodular as I think you termed it).  While it's only five
bricks tall at the base (and not 16), it should still qualify.