 Trains / 5095
Re: New train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 14:37:42 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Ben Fleskes wrote:

We're starting to see a nice variety of "steamroller steamers", my newly • coined
term for steamers that use flangeless main drivers that extend back into the
interior of the engine.

Anything that uses solid or boxpox drivers is a good candidate for this
approach.

ben>> Larry, would you please elaborate. I do not know what you mean by boxpox
drivers?  Would those be drive wheels that do not have spokes?

I think Boxpox was a brand name for cast drivers that had small round
holes as their cutouts instead of the more conventional spoked wheels. I
also think people started using the term for any solid (except for round
holes) drivers, deprecating the brandname.

But I am working from memory. I am sure James, who loves to try to catch
me in errors, will amplify.

ben>> Thanks Larry!  Is it save to say that I got the wheel arrangement right
for this train?  For if it was wrong, I'd normally expect you to comment as
such.

On diesels, yes. Steam ain't my bag. So it's not safe to say that. I
didn't go look it up and I don't have it memorised.

ben>> Was there any doubt?  No sersiously, thanks for the compliments.  And
when I finish my roundhouse/turntable, I expect to impress you with my solid
LEGO creation (Legomodular as I think you termed it).  While it's only five
bricks tall at the base (and not 16), it should still qualify.

You'll have some interface challenges but those can be overcome.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!