 Trains / 5060
5059  |  5061
Subject:
New train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 07:19:29 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

All this talk of modules and standards inspired me to actually build something.

http://www.geocities.com/ben_fleskes/royalblue.jpg

It's a Baltimore and Ohio Royal Blue 2-6-2 steam engine circa, late 1930s early
1940s.  Not sure if the wheel arrangement is correct since the leading and
trailing truck wern't that clear in the picture I was working off of.

I really wish they made the four stud hemisphere piece in blue, but for now, I
have to use the conical piece which makes the nose a little to pointed.

Other things of interest include stud down construction on the leading truck.
It was the only way I could figure out how to securely mount the blue chairs as
skirting.  This section of skirting would normally cover the steam cylinders.

The middle(front to back) and front detailing are pretty much all stud forward
construction.  The section above that is pretty straight forward stud up
construction.

Comments welcome and appreciated.

Ben F.