 Trains / 5047
Re: Proposed 'Legomodule' standard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 23:08:38 GMT

TWO standards.  A 'LOW' standard, and a 'HIGH' standard.  Low standard is 10
bricks tall, High standard is 20 bricks tall.  We'd like to run three
mainlines, so track spacing will have to be discussed.

This is fine.  Have you considered...lowering the scenery and keeping the track
at the same level?

However, I would tend to think that it would work either way...and 10 bricks
high is buildable by more people than 20 (about 2/3 bricks as a guess)

And as Larry suggested, they could even be wye sections, leading off
onto another complete layout...

And, as Larry pointed out, this is a completely different standard from the
PNLTC tables...

Yes, but...if you knew that someone was going to set up a PNLTC style layout,
they could allways build a spiral up to your level...38/15 spiral is practical
for most normal operations, but kind of big...I would think that it would
require a truck full of PNLTC stuff before it would be worth it

(note: I'm using PNLTC as generic term for 36" flat tables)

What is the 'base' hight for GMLTC anyway?  Is it that much above 36"?

James P