 Trains / 5046
5045  |  5047
Subject:
Proposed 'Legomodule' standard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 23:00:25 GMT

Larry P and I have been overloading my email server going back and forth on
this topic today.  This is what I'm proposing:

TWO standards.  A 'LOW' standard, and a 'HIGH' standard.  Low standard is 10
bricks tall, High standard is 20 bricks tall.  We'd like to run three
mainlines, so track spacing will have to be discussed.

The layout we're planning will have a 'low' end, and a 'high' end.  The
sections in between will be 'transition' sections, so obviously they need to
stay together.  It should be very easy to have trains climbing/decending 10
bricks over 36 pieces of straight track.

If some how, some day, some one wants to bring modules to join us at a show,
they could be *either* 'low' standard or 'high' standard.  (As long as you
bring 2 or more - because you'll be adding sections to two sides of the
layout!)  And as Larry suggested, they could even be wye sections, leading off
onto another complete layout...

Comments?  I'll be checking this for another hour or so!

And, as Larry pointed out, this is a completely different standard from the
PNLTC tables...

<dream>
Although maybe someday we'll all be at the same height, right?
</dream>

JohnG, GMLTC