 Trains / 5109
5108  |  5110
Subject:
matching motor speeds on mutli-motor trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 05:07:09 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

  Today, when my green trolley rearended my red trolley I decided to
test my motors. I ranked them in order of speed. Then I thought that it
would be bad to have a fast motor paired with a slow motor. I thought
that pairing motors with dissimilar speeds would put unecessary strain
on the faster motor. So, do you think pairing similar motors is
important? I also noticed that the older, slower motors did not light
the lights as brightly. I guess this makes sense if the old motors cause
a larger voltage drop.

Anyway just making noise,
Chris