 Trains / 5114
Re: matching motor speeds on mutli-motor trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 15:12:06 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes:
Today, when my green trolley rearended my red trolley I decided to
test my motors. I ranked them in order of speed. Then I thought that it
would be bad to have a fast motor paired with a slow motor.

I've been thinking the same thing. I almost always put two motors on each • loco
and I'm beginning to suspect that some of my biggest mismatches, which • I've
perhaps left that way for too long, have actually been causing damage to • one
motor or the other.

Actually there's no problem at all. This topic has been deeply discussed in
the lugnet.robotics ng:

http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=9845 (some train specific examples in this
message)
http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=9899