 Trains / 5121
Re: matching motor speeds on mutli-motor trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 20:02:52 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Frank Filz writes:

A way you could compare the speed of a pair of motors would be to put
them on oposite sides of a circle of track, and run for some time (say
until the faster motor is an extra track segment ahead). You can then
easily see how quickly the faster motor is gaining.

Another way, perhaps not as accurate, but possibly more exciting would be to
set up a largish oval of track, with power connection(s) symmetrically
positioned.  Put the motors back-to-back at one of the power connections, and
run the motors until they collide.  You can then easily see which motor
traveled farther.

Steve