 Trains / 5120
Re: matching motor speeds on mutli-motor trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 19:26:32 GMT

I am 2000 miles away from my train stuff but I could swear that:
- there is a (much smaller, black o-ring like) tire on the plastic wheel of a
9V motor, one per wheel
- there is no service pack available for this part at all.

Hence I tend to think anything that damages these tires is bad. That includes
overheating and oil, which will damage the rubber if it gets on it, the rubber
tends to swell up and it works itself off the wheel.

++Lar

Yep, there's a black o-ring around each of the motor wheels, they ride on top
of each rail.  The weight of the motor helps provide traction (prototypical,
eh Lar?), that's why I put at least two or three weight elements in each of my
locomotives.

I don't think we've ever had problems with them overheating and getting loose
though...  But, the GMLTC usually only runs our trains a few hours at a time.

JohnG, GMLTC

JohnG, GMLTC