 Trains / 5033
5032  |  5034
Subject:
Building my train table
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 20:58:53 GMT

With all the talk of Lego train tables and layouts, I'm pleased to say that
I will be building my first set of tables this weekend. I'm using the PNLTC
standard plywood table plans as found at
http://www.pnltc.org/Modular_Table.html and
http://www.baylug.org/zonker/tables/building.html.

These tables will be for use at home with my "4558-less" train collection
and town gear. I will be using one sheet of plywood to build one small and
one large table.

1. Beyond what Ben has posted on the baylug.org site, does anyone have any
other tips for ease of building? I'm purchasing the materials on Friday
evening, doing the cuts with a friend that night, then continuing on
Saturday.

2. What is the best wood for the table surface? I will be painting the
surface using the paint formulas from http://www.pnltc.org/Tint_Formula.html
. (Have not decided on green or gray yet. Leaning towards green...)

3. Can someone point me to some pictures of the "Legomodules" that the big
standards discussions have been about?

Thanks in advance,

Bryan Kinkel