 Trains / 5141
Re: Building my train table
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 18:13:02 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James J. Trobaugh writes:
I have found the cheapest way for skirts is colored bed sheets. I bought a
few sets of sheets (not fitted) and cut them in half, they work great. Plus
they already have the edges seamed. You can add Velcro to the edges or just
use clear thumb tacks.

Bryan Kinkel wrote in message ...
Has anyone put "skirts" around their tables to hide stuff? I often see
skirts around tables at conventions and show. Anyone know where I might find
pre-made skirts that can be attached with Velcro?

Quick note - some train shows require that your skirting material be
fireproofed.  The GMLTC had to spend around $100 to have our skirting treated
before last year's NMRA show.  (Check with your local dry-cleaner.)

Our tables have 1"x4" (I think) boards running vertically on the outside
edges.  It sticks up about a 1/2" above the table top, to help keep our
'Legomodular' sections in place.  We attach the skirting to the inside of the
board under the tables.  We have Velcro strips mounted to the boards, so the
skirting goes up (and comes down) very easily.

JohnG, GMLTC