 Trains / 5142
Re: New German Loco: Green DB139 and more
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 18:26:07 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

James Mathis <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message
In lugnet.trains, Frank Filz writes:

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/db139.html

Very nice loco. Nice use of SNOT technique to use easily available parts • to
get the rounded nose.

Frank

Thanks.  There must be a cold goin' round... More SNOT from many LEGO
Trainiacs.  Most notably Ben F.'s streamlined steam loco.

For my green DB139, I wish I could gently slope the front....
If you look closely, you might be able to see that the roof is an odd • number of
studs long from one windscreen to the other.  The 1/4-curved green roof • caps
are 1/2-stud offset from the main body studs.  Lot's of 1x2 green plates • with
single off-set center stud.
I haven't had a chance to use the digital camera to take closeups of the • engine
and photos of its construction technique.  More to come....sometime....

I look forward to it. I have been so inspired by your model, that I'm
tempted to go out and buy 4-5 Flash Speeders so I can build my own.

Huw