 Trains / 5129
Re: New German Loco: Green DB139 and more
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 02:11:47 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ...
In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:

The new model is of a German electric locomotive called a DB 139.
My version attempts to approximate a likeness in its green with white • stripe
livery(?right word to mean color scheme?).

I believe it is. Livery seems to be Continental usage, you don't hear it • used
much stateside, but once in a while you do instead of Color Scheme....

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/db139.html

Another winner. I think the grille misalignments are immaterial, you've got • the
basic shape down nicely. What set are those green round corners from?

If you're meaning the green 1x2x1.3 rounded top w/side plate doothingy,
they're in the Flash Speeder (12 of them). Looks like James also used the
green 1x4x1.3 rounded top bricks (w/o side plate), also from the Flash
Speeder. 2 green macaronis are in Gasgano's pod racer, but it doesn't look
like James used any macaronis.

Very nice loco. Nice use of SNOT technique to use easily available parts to
get the rounded nose.

Frank