 Trains / 5146
Re: New German Loco: Green DB139 and more
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 23:16:46 GMT

This is where 8-wide crowd wins out again.

Commenting on your stud forward nose. I think it looks better than 2x2 1/4 curve
(aka macaroni bricks?) bricks becase there are no gaps in your design. A macaroni
brick desing would have unsightly blemishes. Imagine letting a train rust so
badly that there are holes in it!

Chris

James Mathis wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:

Hi James,

again a very cool model! One could only wish Lego had better windows for the
train front. (Maybe a kind of train windows in 3x1x2?)

Ben

Very true.  I'm not completely satisfied with the windscreen.
I have considered using older style 1x2x2 house windows in gray from my 7740
locomotive.  I'd have to figure out a way to set them at a slight angle and
figure out a way to flank either side with green bricks.

The next closest standard LEGO window element that I'd try to use would be the
exclusive black-framed windows from the yellow/black locomotive in the 9volt
Freight Rail Runner train set.  But, still, that doesn't do it exactly right,
either.

later,
James Mathis