 Trains / 5194
Re: New German Loco: Green DB139 and more
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 17:45:50 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes:
James Mathis wrote:

One new model and new pictures of old models.

The new model is of a German electric locomotive called a DB 139.
My version attempts to approximate a likeness in its green with white stripe
livery(?right word to mean color scheme?).

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/db139.html

Here are some links to pages with new pictures of my DB74 tank engine and
freight rolling stock:

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/db74tankengine.html
http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/slagcar.html
http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/bluewhitehopper.html

Hey! This one goes to seven. Gotta love making that 6/8 compromise!

The following freight cars are "oddly" sized:
Slagcar:  The pivoting hopper section is "7-wide".
          The support beam beneath the hopper section is "studs-down".

Blue and white hopper:  Yup, "7-wide".

Pneumatic hopper: This one is "7-wide".  It is also an odd length at 15 studs
long between the buffers.  This "15-long" construction centers the 4-to-a-side
hopper bins with respect to the wheels.

later,
James Mathis

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/pneumatichopper.html