 Trains / 5167
Re: New German Loco: Green DB139 and more
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 23:03:08 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Huw Millington writes:

James Mathis <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:Fs5LyG.tE@lugnet.com...

More photos are now available at:

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/db139.html

I've left them at their original size for clarity (I hope).  If they are • just
too big for download to your browser, please, let me know and I'll gladly
shrink them down.

Pics are excellent - thanks. I was planning a typical British-design diesel
loco, and might be able to use some of your design ideas in my construction
(if that's OK :-) ) A number of our locos look a lot like this, and were
green in the 1960's.

Sorry if the pics took too long to load, Huw.  Glad they may be helpful for you
to use in your own model.

I imagine that my likeness of the DB139 is far enough removed from looking
exactly like a real DB139 that it could be claimed for something else.

I recall the fine British diesels colored blue/yellow(?) nose from 1981 when I
lived in Harlexton (sp?), Lincolnshire.  I think they looked like the DB139 to
some extent.

Good building with your model!

later,
James Mathis