 Trains / 5066
Re: Just how sturdy are your trains?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:17:50 GMT

Hi Christopher,

I think that's quite natural. Fine detailed models with studs in changing
directions will be more fragile than massive models with all studs upside...

As an example Torsten Werneckes bavarian 4-4-4 steam engine is quite stable
when driven for hours, but if you try to put it out of the track, you have to
be very careful.

After a derailment with following crash to floor the engine "exploded" to
a million of small parts.....

crashed engine:
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/fgltc/4te018.jpg

Picture of rebuilt engine:
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/fgltc/4te091.jpg

I suppose all original TLG stuff would have survived such a drop down something
better....

Leg godt!

Ben