 Trains / *22769 (-100)
  Re: COLTC Mall at Tuttle Crossing Show Report

"Michael Huffman" <mhuffman@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:HJv7p8.24nn@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) for (...) their (...) Congrats! Doing a GATS show after doing a mall gig will be a piece of cake. You have already done the hard (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Remote Switch plan

(...) Was it the one in the trains 2 room? I did snap some pics of that, because I'd love to have automated switches :) (4 URLs) that helps! (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Remote Switch plan

(...) The problem is, I saw it, held it in my hand, but was far too distracted to remember all the 'intricate' gearing and connections... Was tres sweet, though! I believe it was a JeffE design(tm). Dave K (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: COLTC Mall at Tuttle Crossing Show Report

Despite very large visitor numbers (1000's), this little guy.... (URL) only spotted by less than 10 visitors, who all thought it was hilarious. So did the brickshelf moderator, since it was approved.... (as I hope is obvious; we meant no offense, (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  COLTC Mall at Tuttle Crossing Show Report

Following close on the heels of the inaugural show of the Central Ohio LEGO Train Club (COLTC), we had our 2nd display at the Mall on Tuttle Crossing, in Dublin, Ohio. Set up was on Friday night & the display lasted 2 days. Now to the picts! We have (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: Question to all the other train clubs

(...) Try expanding beyond trains. MichLTC is a club within a club of MichLug. We include all themes. There have even been space ships seen parked at the airport in one of out shows. Castles can be worked into displays (Remember castle is just town (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Shirley day Lego Setup

(...) Keep doing what you love James. I too have done a solo gig where I had put on display a 32' long cable-stayed bridge in a window at a toy store. Yes, a lot of work!!! When I was done and standing outside admiring it, a couple walked by and (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Remote Switch plan

(...) You expect me to actually read your stuff??? (...) I got a pair of brand new unopened switches, still in the box. I'll bring them to BF 2004 PDX and we can test it all out there, what do you say? Deal? (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Remote Switch plan

Yes, that would be feature #3: Works with unmodified switches. :-) Though, to be honest, I don't know whether I have the new stiffer switches or not, so I'm not 100% on that. (Still waiting for someone who knows they have the stiff switches to try (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Remote Switch plan

(...) Does that require switch modification? The rtlToronto gang(1) had not one but TWO boffo powered points designs (using clutch gears) that did not require internal switch modification, they had torque to burn and easily threw unmodified switches (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train MOC and Orange passenger car

(...) Hi Ludo, thanks for doing this posting about this orange train. Although you made me loosing a bet (luckiely for me the bet was just about being right or wrong). We were talking about your nice train creations yesterday at late afternoon in (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train MOC and Orange passenger car

In lugnet.trains, Ludo Soete wrote: [snip] (...) (URL) typical case of forgetting to copy the second link, and so pasting the first link twice. It happened to all of us. (...) Can't you use, at least partially, Brick 2 x 3 with Curved Top also? (the (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question to all the other train clubs

Several people have already offered advice, and they are no doubt more experienced, but maybe I can offer a newcomer's view. (...) If some of your members have lost interest in the club, lose interest in them in turn. Let them live their own life. (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: New train MOC and Orange passenger car

(...) Hi Jeroen, You made also a nice version of this kind of train (type R06). Note that the second car's different from the first one in real live! I notice also the use of the curved track in your rendering, great! Now i see someone who use it, (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NILTC Show at Illinois Railway Museum - Aug 15-17 and Aug 23-24

(...) Gosh, I'm tired. I meant this last parenthetical to mean ... "this was a problem, since they were being so disruptive." -Tim (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.loc.us.il)

  Re: NILTC Show at Illinois Railway Museum - Aug 15-17 and Aug 23-24

(...) Ohh, I wish that was our problem :-) There's a mentally handicapped child who is at one of our shows every year. He really loves the trains, but is quite loud and disruptive - and his parents have difficult time controlling him. One of our (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.loc.us.il)

  Re: NILTC Show at Illinois Railway Museum - Aug 15-17 and Aug 23-24

(...) You've had problems with guest trains in the past? Do tell! The only problems the GMLTC has had recently is when a kid brought his Hogwart's Express. We're so used to running our 8-wide trains - they require almost full throttle - we ran his (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.loc.us.il)

  Re: NILTC Show at Illinois Railway Museum - Aug 15-17 and Aug 23-24

(...) Well, we discourage "guest trains" from the audience, simply because we had a rather unique experience with a kid whose trains we offered to run. BUT - if you're an established member of an established train club, I don't see how running your (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.loc.us.il)

  Re: NILTC Show at Illinois Railway Museum - Aug 15-17 and Aug 23-24

(...) What is the NILTC club policy on "guest trains"? If someone were to say, make a road trip, and brought a train (8-wide, of course) - could they run it on your layout? Great pics, btw - lots and lots of fun 'eye candy', and great work modelling (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.loc.us.il)

  Re: New train MOC and Orange passenger car

(...) Hi Ludo, As it happens, I finished my (LDraw) version last month but hadn't posted on Brickshelf yet. I made it after this picture (URL) and this is the first result: (URL) did rotate the first car as second car and didn't place pantographs (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Shirley day Lego Setup

(...) That was always one of my favorite things about working at the LEGO Imagination Center. Families would look at the big displays, Mom & Dad would say something like "that's impossible", kids would look at the same displays and say "If *I* had (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  New train MOC and Orange passenger car

Hi folks, Here's a link to a picture from a commutertrain i created after a real model from the Belgian Railways. (URL) The blue 1*2 plates içn the door are changed to neon-green transparent plates, but should be clear transparent ones. On this link (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NILTC Show at Illinois Railway Museum - Aug 15-17 and Aug 23-24

(...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.loc.us.il)

  Re: Melbourne W2 class tram at Myer Melbourne

(...) Very cool ... and I'd like to see the 6 wide version too ... which reminds me I've been thinking of modelling the trams here in Brussels too ....I only need more time ... SteveH BeLUG (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX)

  Re: Shirley day Lego Setup

(...) If I had done it "in" victoria, rather than ~30 km from downtown, then, yes, I would have a chance to dig a few out of the woodwork. But, this was mostly self indulgent to display :), I just have a grand time doing the unusual. (...) Yep, big (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

In lugnet.trains, Jonathan Wilson wrote: ... (...) ... IMO, that's a pretty amusing statement. Without you having seen either the source to Track Designer or TrackDraw, I think it is a reach to say which would be easier to port to Linux. TrackDraw (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Shirley day Lego Setup

(...) With displays like this you should be able to dig a few AFOLs out of the woodwork. Either that or cause a few to consider moving to the Victoria area. (...) Sounds incredible. How long did it take you to set it up? Do you have any suggestions (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) I was unaware that was the point you were making. But if it is, (I was confused, your post read like a multiplatform rant rather than a request to get the source available) why yes, I agree. It's been a year since the community last tried to (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) Track Designer is written in Visual C++ and probobly makes heavy use of windows GDI and user calls to make it work. However, there are Open Source libraries available that essentially provide these calls and map them to similar calls on a (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Shirley day Lego Setup

I've just got back from doing another solo gig- isn't living in a AFOL shy area great? Anyway, I had 30' by 30-120" to play with, including the debut of two new features for me, a pond (canal) system, and "Bricstol Temple Meads". The pond kind of (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Question to all the other train clubs

(...) Smaller shows, more "fun" shows- don't go to a show that doesn't at least offer free donuts. Don't sweat the detail level- make a fun running toy train layout, and let the smiles on kids faces bring you back into it. I realistically would NOT (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) I'm not sure which you are referring to, Track Designer or Track Draw... As for Track Designer, even with the source, I expect it would be a very hard port to any non Windows platform. I believe it was written in Visual Basic or Visual C++ (I (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:HJpp7t.166s@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) all (...) more, (...) Larry is right, while usefule TD's time has come and I expect Cary's TrackDraw application will be far (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) Actually, depending on how well its written, it might be possible to port it to linux or something. I know that there is some stuff for doing .NET on linux but: 1.its not finished and doesnt do everything microsoft version does 2.its likely (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Melbourne W2 class tram at Myer Melbourne

Browsing through Myer Melbourne (dept store) for LEGO bargains, I came across the following sculpture, and kinda liked it so I went back later with my camera: (URL) W2 class tram>> Here's a pic of the real thing: (URL) W2 class tram>> There's some (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX)

  Re: Combines and loads (was Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) Can' wait to see some more detailed pictures of this model. Sounds by far more complicated as it seemed to be on the first view.... Ben (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question to all the other train clubs

Sounds you like you have to prune the tree. Those who don't contribute should be expelled. Apathy is highly contagious and must be stamped out immediately. This is a hobby, and thus voluntary, but some sort of minimum contribution to the club's (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Combines and loads (was Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) A bit of trickery there... :-) The cab is 6 wide at the top (the hinged part) but the stationary part is only 5 wide, using tiles to handle the mismatch. The stationary part sits on a 6 wide plate base which is offset 1/2 stud from the frame, (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) I agree it would be nice, but with the advent of TrackDraw (coming soon we all hope, the demo that Cary gave at BF was amazing) it's not as important any more, except as a way to determine what the format of .tdl files are so that an importer (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: That's horsepower! ( was Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) No, actually all these pictures came from different pages, where the amount of horsepower was given in picture underlines.... (...) I will try to have a clloser look at the 3-d picture right now. Thanks for pointing this out - I simply was (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Combines and loads (was Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) Mornin' Larry, [width of combine) (...) Ok, from the 1024x768 poster I was not too sure about it: I just saw the 6-wide cabin and the 2 studs mudgear on each side of it. Obviously these are wider than the body of the machinery. In this case I (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) Hey, no problem! :) (...) Thanks. The front is better designed in your model, I've used SNOT, but it doesn't looks too good. My "Ludmila" is longer - 38 studs. shgg.dt (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) OK, digging up an old thread here... WE WANT TD SOURCE CODE!!!!!!!! Matt? Leonardo? Anyone? I know this is an old thread (maybe dead) but I have to ask for the ten thousanth time for fellow trainheads (and myself). May we (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Question to all the other train clubs

Hey John, I started to write a response to each of your questions, but realized that I kept answering them with the same question, "Do you still enjoy building with LEGO?". If you answer this no then I would suggest that you find something to build (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) I am sorry that I didn't notice the posting of your locomotive. Your model is very well done. Proper 3-axle wheel sets, and better stacking of the fence vents. Very nice. Thanks for announcing it. later, James Mathis (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: That's horsepower! ( was Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

If you stare at the picture in just a way that it makes a third image between the two (try looking up "parallel viewing" or "cross viewing" on Google), then you can see the 3d effect without using a card. Rob "Larry Pieniazek" (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) Well, it's funny, I've made a model of the same locomotive few weeks ago... take a look at: (URL) shgg.dt (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Question to all the other train clubs

(...) forget about the brick do something that has nothing to do with it or better yet find something to do as a groop that would flush some ideas out. (...) i have learned that if you have to ask someone to do something it will never get done. so (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  That's horsepower! ( was Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) Wow. Thanks for those links. That's some horsepower. Did you count them to determine 33 or 38 or whatever? If so, you have far better eyes than me, all those horses kinda blur together and I doze off trying to count them. (...) That last pic (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Patiently waiting for BF/train ppt's

(...) I have a few authors I have to get permissions (I THOUGHT I remembered to ask permission in advance but I forget if I did or not) and final copies from and then they will all be going up into the ILTCO library. Please be patient a bit longer (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Combines and loads (was Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) That's OK... I love splitting hairs! (...) Rather LESS! :-) The combine body, when loaded on the drop center flat has to fit through the same tunnel on my layout that my previous MTW-1004 Transformer on Drop Center model has to fit through. So (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Patiently waiting for BF/train ppt's

Especially the LDCC!!!! -Rob (ppt - PowerPoint presentation) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) After a second trial google came up with these links with up to 38 horses: (URL) (16 horses) (URL) (33 horses) (URL) (33 horses again) (URL) (38 horses) Leg Godt! Ben (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) Hi Larry, I do not want to split hairs, but a - more or less - 10wide combine on a 6-wide car?! That would mean a 5 meters combine on a 3 meters train car. Are American combines that big?! Ok, the main body might measure only 8 wide and that (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:HJoJHH.I1A@lugnet.com... (...) Man, do I need a holiday now... ;-) Jeroen (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) The credit all goes to Jeroen, all I did was kvetch about how he had stuff placed from the sidelines. :-) (...) Na... (nice try, though). It's a 6 wide model that just happens to overhang its carrier car. Completely prototypical for something (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: bnsf b23-7

(...) I don't think so, but I have been poking around on the web and found some real picture. What a good looking LEGO model that would make! Thanks, now I going to have to build one to go with my dash 9s... Robin W GFLTC (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question to all the other train clubs / Long answer from FGLTC member no. 1

In lugnet.trains.org, John Gerlach wrote: Hello J1, I am very sorry to read about your not too good experiences on the clubs development. The GMLTC has always been one of the highlights in the train scene and - at least from European view - it has (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) You are surly right Niels, but a google search gave me several hits, where both engines V120/220 and 232 have been called Taigatrommel. Obviously lots of people haven't noticed the design change and used that name on all USSR diesels in (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) [snip] (...) [snip2] Ihis is indeed a great Poster Jeroen and Larry! As usual I am more thrilled by the farm equipment as by the trainstuff. This huge commbine harvestor is really great - although it might fit because of its from its own (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) Yes... except for the warbonnet doodlebug. Absent a good supply of red train doors that one will never see production. (...) XFUT lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) Great poster ... but can't help notice some discrepancy between the poster and the MTW shop. Those items on the poster but not in the shop - are they teasers? As an avid MTW collector I'd like to know!!!!! SteveH BeLUG (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) LOL! Love the P-o-meter! (And the poster is good too!) ROSCO (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New try at German Double Decker Commuter Train

(...) Wow James! I really love the lines of the new double-deckers. Much better than the previous ones, in my mind. Only, I think the upper windows seems to be a bit oversized? And of course - I wish they came in Danish DSB colours instead! ;-) (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  bnsf b23-7

'ello! has anyone ever done some BNSF engines? other then the dash 9 seen at shows from brickshelf? im working on a b23-7 with similar looks to that engine. (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Crossover Instructions?

(...) Jeff Christner (contact info will be in the presentation about his crossover) is thinking about putting together step by step instructions, stay tuned. Ben might do so too, who knows. Kevin Salm did a set too, and he used a very (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) The short should not affect the motors or decoders. A short will suck most of the current through the short instead of the proper load. Of course an intermitent short might cause voltage spikes that could damage the decoder (but would be (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Crossover Instructions?

I saw a couple of crossover modifications at BrickFest and was wondering if anyone has step by step instructions available. Thanks in advance, Brian (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  NILTC Show at Illinois Railway Museum - Aug 15-17 and Aug 23-24

The Northern Illinois LEGO® Train Club is showing at the Day Out with Thomas event at the Illinois Railway Museum this weekend and next. Show dates are: August 15-17,23-24. For more details, see the Illinois Railway Museum site at (URL) site is (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.il) !

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) But electric engines lack a soul... Besides, compared to the old Dutch classes 2200 and 2400 Ludmilla isn't too bad. One of them recently came through my town while the main line Amersfoort-Apeldoorn was closed , see (URL) for some shots. (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

Hi all, I am proud to announce a new poster with some fine models by Larry Pieniazek. Please point your browser at (URL) and click the MOC poster item. De groeten, Jeroen (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce) !!

  veni, vidi, vivus!

I came, I saw, I built! Here are my pictures and comments from BrickFest 2003! •General Pics and folders to the rest (after moderation): (URL) of my favorites: (URL) story behind this is that they had a bubblegum machine that you could put four (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) I think the RCXs are okay, as they're internally protected against shorts. Don't know what a brief short might do to a decoder/motor, though. The current has to get through the decoder before it can get to the motors, and the decoder regulates (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Question to all the other train clubs

Our train club is stagnating. Hardly anyone shows up to our building sessions, and productivity has dropped to almost nothing. We've lost direction, we've lost enthusiasm, we've lost committment. Help?! What can our club do to make things fun again? (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Caledonian OF-Class 0-4-0 for the hard of recognising...

(...) Ah! There's a thought. I might swap it for a sand blue one, so at least it's all legit. The round brick can sit between four studs, but because it's placed between the slopes it doesn't grip so well on its own. Thanks. Jason Railton (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) Is it possible we may have in some manner damaged the RCX, the motors or the decoders when we had the steel wool flame-up? Prior to placing my train on the track the track was cleaned with steel wool and the power to the track was accidently (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) Being a trainhead, I have to correct you on this one. The nickname "Taigatrommel" does NOT correspond with this class. The "Taigatrommel" is a class BR 220 (former DR class V120), the more rounded predecessor of this class BR 232. Nicknames (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) Snip (...) Yes, I have experienced this. I'd suspect overheating- what were the room conditions? I had it happen at LLCA in 2000- ~30C (reasonably hot), and largish trains (5-10 cars). The best solution I could come up with was not to run the (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NWBrickCon 2003 Registration

Whoops, forgot to post to these groups! (FUT'd back to NWBC) (...) -Grand Admiral and Keeper of Fleebnorks (URL) "Adopt a fleebnork. They're DYING!" -Sally Struthers (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: DCC slowing?

"Brian B. Alano" <throwaway@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:HJKpvH.1IqC@lugnet.com... (...) over-heating. Also the bottoms of 10025 and 10022 seem to rub. I've had to replace some plates so i made them tiles... Randall Lee Crabtree (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) The track was powered by a RCX. Also we only had 1 engine running and experienced this problem. mark (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) What was supplying the power to the track? An RCX or a commercial DCC controller? If an RCX running LDCC, it may have been the RCX over heating. ROSCO (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NWBrickCon 2003

(...) Glad to hear it. I'll be working on the website tonight with Mark Neumann. -Grand Admiral and Keeper of Fleebnorks (URL) "Adopt a fleebnork. They're DYING!" -Sally Struthers (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote: Snip a bit of intro (...) Thank you and others for the nice compliments to the BR 252 model-- now I know its number designator. (...) I learn more from you, again. I didn't know this. (...) Anton tells (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NWBrickCon 2003

I'll be dropping in to spread my diseased presence as well. Hoping the site gets up soon enough for pre-reg. Will bring... um... stuff. Lots of stuff :) Take care, Soren (URL) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) Dear James, once again you have amazed me with a briliant LEGO® model after an existing design. I have not been too familiar with this kind of loco (in fact I have never seen a BR 232 in in real life, although I live near a bigger train line). (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: DCC slowing?

Thanks for the reply, Mark. (...) Both motors had Digitrax DN121 decoders (...) I don't think the DN121 has this. (...) Both had the factory default speed tables. We ran both motors without loads (okay, 1 had a bumper on it) around the loop, and the (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: DCC slowing?

Perhaps the speed of the two motors was mismatched for one reason or another. This would cause the two motors to generate more heat (because they're pushing or pulling against one another) and lead to a possible overheating situation. I've read (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BrickFest 2003 impressions and comments

(...) Yes thank you for pulling off another wonderful weekend. (...) So am I, however I think I am driving so I can bring more stuff! (...) YES what a novel idea. This was a big issue. Not even my short boxcar and engine could make it around the (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) I say it's the overheating. When rtlToronto did NMRA a few weeks back, there were a few engines running for most of the weekend. I got stupid and put 8-10 cars behind one of my locos and, after about an hour, it started slowing down and then (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) Never mind the GP-38's, James, I just saw the reference picture you worked from, it has your Santa Fe diesel v5 locomotive up front, just re-color your ready model and use that with this UP car and a few more ones in between the loc(s) and (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Union Pacific Executive Car

Neat car. That technic piece is perfect for capturing the look of the rear-lights. The SNOT windows are nice. They make the car look longer. -Stefan- (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: DCC slowing?

Were you running any cars with gray wheelsets behind your locomotive? The gray wheelsets have a few known problems, and can make a train come to a halt after a few runs around a track. It normally takes a few hours, but the heavier the cars, the (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) Jeroen is right, James, that UP car is awesome too and most definetely needs other cars AND a locomotive! A bunch of GP-38's...? :-) Greetz, Anton (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) This is indeed a great train, both the real thing and James' model are very impressive. Instead of half tracks I would love Lego to make 3 axle motors (again), doesn't have to be a driven axle althrough that would help the traction for some (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New try at German Double Decker Commuter Train

(...) Well done James, extremely well done! Next I see you doing an 111-electric locomotive in white/orange livery... ;-) Greetz, Anton (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) Very well done, James, I may find myself building this model too, we have the real thing running by the house (oh well, about 500 yards away that is) a few times a day, very well done representation of the real locomotive that is rented by (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  DCC slowing?

I have a question abuot DCC. I was first exposed to DCC at our last LUG meeting where some of the motors had been modified. They were running 2 motors on the track on different channels. Then we placed the two motors on the same channel and placed (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Union Pacific Executive Car

This (URL) Union Pacific executive car> is inspired by (URL) photo> from Jeroen's collection of photographs. Not much to say, except to notice perhaps the SNOT-wise 1/4-curved brick element on the mid-section under carriage and the rear high-mount (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New German Diesel Locomotive

Inspired by (URL) picture of a German diesel locomotive> from Jeroen's assembly of cool train pictures, I have tried an (URL) model>. The model intends to have working three-point headlamps. I believe that a (URL) Steve Barile custom beveled brick> (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact