 Trains / Train Organizations / 2470
Re: Question to all the other train clubs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 2003 00:30:19 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, John Gerlach wrote:
Our train club is stagnating.  Hardly anyone shows up to our building
sessions, and productivity has dropped to almost nothing.  We've lost
direction, we've lost enthusiasm, we've lost committment.

Help?!

What can our club do to make things [fun] again?

forget about the brick do something that has nothing to do with it or better yet
find something to do as a groop that would flush some ideas out.

I'm sick of asking and
asking for people to actually show up and get stuff done.

i have learned that if you have to ask someone to do something it will never get
done. so my advice is to help your club members choose something they want to
work on rather than saying you build this and ill build that. if they are
interested in building something you won't have to ask them to build it. if
anything you will have to ask them to leave so you can go to bed.

And the few of us
that actually try to get things built are sick of being the only people doing
the work, especially since our club is known for its talented builders.

well honestly it shouldn't be work.  after all it is a hobby.

I'm just about ready to walk away for a long hiatus...

well take a week or two. if anything you will come back to building, relaxed and
full of ideas.

There was a time when
we were one of the premier LTCs in the country, but now a LOT of groups have
long passed what we're doing.  We're basically becoming a second-tier club.

i wouldn't go that far. i still use your web site as referance to things i am
building today. your club was basicly the first and it has basicly had the same
members for a long time. maybe what you need is new members and or chalanges. a
joint layout maybe ? the posablitys are endless just give it time.
ondrew  <- first day, day out with thomas survivor
the 8-WIDE NILTC founder

p.s. pardon the bad spelling/grammer. i am too tired to fix it.

Suggestions, anyone?  We need help!

JohnG