 Trains / Train Organizations / 2475
Re: Question to all the other train clubs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 10:29:23 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, John Gerlach wrote:
   Our train club is stagnating. Hardly anyone shows up to our building sessions, and productivity has dropped to almost nothing. We’ve lost direction, we’ve lost enthusiasm, we’ve lost committment.

Help?!

What can our club do to make things fun again? I’m sick of asking and asking for people to actually show up and get stuff done. And the few of us that actually try to get things built are sick of being the only people doing the work, especially since our club is known for its talented builders.

I’m just about ready to walk away for a long hiatus... There was a time when we were one of the premier LTCs in the country, but now a LOT of groups have long passed what we’re doing. We’re basically becoming a second-tier club.

Suggestions, anyone? We need help!

JohnG

Try expanding beyond trains. MichLTC is a club within a club of MichLug. We include all themes. There have even been space ships seen parked at the airport in one of out shows. Castles can be worked into displays (Remember castle is just town wth outhouses)

Lester