 Trains / 20839
Re: New German Diesel Locomotive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 21:09:44 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:
   Inspired by this picture of a German diesel locomotive from Jeroen’s assembly of cool train pictures, I have tried an initial model.

Dear James,

once again you have amazed me with a briliant LEGO® model after an existing design. I have not been too familiar with this kind of loco (in fact I have never seen a BR 232 in in real life, although I live near a bigger train line).

I saw these engines of you a few days ago and thought they were “nice”. Now I see the prototypes and I know yours are in fact georgeous models!

I think you know the prototypes have been made in the former USSR and are known under two nicknames: “Ludmilla” and “Taigatrommel” (=Taiga-Drum) because of the very noisy (and dirty) diesels...

Since the German reunion with the merge of “DR” and “DB” these seam to be spread all over Germany as I just have read - some are even rent to the Netherlands railway.

Leg Godt!

my Homepage: