 Star Wars / 7907
Re: A couple stupid SW questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 03:10:31 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Aaron West writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Bryan Hodges writes:
In lugnet.starwars, James Simpson writes:
I remain skeptical.  Chewie could have kneeled or bowed low.  It was • careless
to put Chewie in the scene (particularly since the whole audience knows that
he deserves to be honored), and then fail to adequately recognize his • bravery.
Lucas gets an idea, and then bulldozes through with out really considering • the
overall harmony of how an issue is resolved.  I've no sympathy for the
cinematography or cost arguments, as valid as they may be; Lucas decided to
write in a medal ceremony; Lucas decided to include a deserving Chewie in • the
scene; therefore Lucas should have drawn from the stores of his great talent
to figure out a way to gracefully honor Chewie along with Han and Luke.
Lucas, its called Directing!!!

hmmm... and how many movies have you directed?  Quit calling the kettle black
until you become a pan... or something like that... :)

When you make your millions from an excellent series of sci fi movies come
back and we'll talk.  Otherwise, enjoy the films or quit trying to be a Star
Wars fan... go join a Babylon 5 NG.

I don't mean to be insultive, and I do apologize if I offended you... it's
just too easy to say how bad someone did at something when you haven't done • it
yourself.  Yes, there are better directors, but SW is still one hell of a
film, and squabbling over tiny little issues like who did or didn't get a
medal in a short scene from a movie that was made thirty years ago and that
spawned a multi-billion dollar universe is fruitless.  If you dislike
something in the movie go back in time and change it.  What's that?  No time
machine?  Oh... well... I guess we'll just have to live with it.

Enjoy the movie or don't.  It's your choice.

-Bryan

I enjoy the movie, but I also like to nit-pick.  Is there some kind of help
group available for me or can I just go on annoying people with my nagging?
Personally, I think Leia just wanted to show off her cleavage (what little the
duct tape did not obscure) to two prospective male concubines.  She was really
just testing the water to see who was most interested...
Back seat director,
Aaron

Aye, Aaron, there is help.  Go to www.nitpickers.com/movies.  Pretty
amazing...sort of.