 Star Wars / 7812
Re: A couple stupid SW questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 05:04:19 GMT

In Battlestar Gallactica they use "Languatron" devices that actually allow you
to hear spoken alien words (like our "real-world"[whatever that is] news
interviews) followed by English (or whatever them children of the stars call
it).  That seems most realistic.  That company that trademarked the
"Languatron" must be behind this English conspiracy.  Just where do subtitles
come from, and can aliens read them?
Somebody stole my Spanish Text! :> Aaron

In lugnet.starwars, Mark Sandlin writes:
We-elll they technically have "universal translators."

They even talk about it in ST:VI when they're at the Klingon trial.

~Mark

In lugnet.starwars, Markus Wolf writes:
That's what I've always enjoyed about Star Trek.  They boldly go where no man
has gone before and when they get there they discover without surprise... • that
they all speak English.  At least Jabba and Greedo had subtitles.

In lugnet.starwars, Mark Sandlin writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Aaron West writes:

Dark Empire: E-Wing and V-Wing were exposed!  Funny, every major • character in
the SW Universe speaks English!!!  I think is smells of a conspiracy...
Aaron ;~)

Nah, they speak "Basic."

;^)

~Mark