 Star Wars / 7768
Re: A couple stupid SW questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 20:27:03 GMT

Yes, A-Wings are the "rebel equivalent" of TIE Interceptors...
(A-Wing = TIE Interceptor)
(X-Wing = TIE Fighter)
(Y-Wing = TIE Bomber)
(B-Wing = TIE Advanced)

Ouch, I would have to disagree with you on that last one.  The B-wing is no
where near as fast or agile as a Tie Advanced, but it does carry way more
armor and weapons.  TIE Advanced were one of the latest developments in the
TIE series and were basically designed to compete with the X-Wing.  The TIE
Fighters didn't have shields and relied on agility and sheer numbers to win
battles.  Even TIE Interceptors didn't have shielding.  They equaled the
playing field by introducing shielding(but still no hyperdrive) to the TIE
Advanced to compete directly with the X wing and to stop sacrificing good
pilots(thus only the elite could fly them).

Jason F.