 Star Wars / 7854
Re: A couple stupid SW questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 03:30:26 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Matthew Karius writes:
While Chewie may not have gotten a medal, at least he got to stand on the • stage
with Han and Luke.  If I remember correctly the only other survivors of the
attack on the Death Star were one Y-wing and one X-wing fighter.  After
suffering about 90% losses in the attack those other two surviving pilots
deserved at least to stand on the stage.  But then again that would have meant
that a couple of extras would have to be paid and increased the movie costs.
In the grand scheme of things that don't make sense in movies though, who gets
and who doesn't get a medal is very minor.  At least Han and Luke and the gang
never went back in time to defeat the empire.

Regards,
Matt (who's a Star Wars and Star Trek fan)
Well, wouldn't they have to slignshot around the Sun?  I don't think Han and
Luke have actually been anywhere near Earth (sector 001), so there ain't a
snowball's chance in you-know-where of the MF ever pulling that stunt.
Besides, the Hyperdrive would probably break first.
:)
Aaron (who likes everything Sci-Fi and Fantasy, including peanut-butter &
pickle sandwiches)