 Star Wars / 7858
Re: A couple stupid SW questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 15:09:35 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, James Simpson writes:
I remain skeptical.  Chewie could have kneeled or bowed low.  It was careless
to put Chewie in the scene (particularly since the whole audience knows that
he deserves to be honored), and then fail to adequately recognize his bravery.

  In addition, both Luke and Han bowed somewhat accomodate Leia's reach, so a
deeper bow from Chewie wouldn't have been out of place.  Does the fact that he
was First Mate rather than Captain have anything to do with it?  Just a
thought, though he still should've gotten something!

Lucas gets an idea, and then bulldozes through with out really considering the
overall harmony of how an issue is resolved.

  Lucas?  The man who brought us JarJar the Invincible?  How can you say he
has no concern for overall harmony?!  8^)

I've no sympathy for the cinematography or cost arguments, as valid as they
may be; Lucas decided to write in a medal ceremony; Lucas decided to include
a deserving Chewie in the scene; therefore Lucas should have drawn from the
stores of his great talent to figure out a way to gracefully honor Chewie
along with Han and Luke.

  Yeah, I'm stuck on this, too.  If the scene was to honor the crews of the
ships that ultimately destroyed the Death Star, why wasn't R2 honored,
especially since he carried the blueprints?  Alternatively, if the scene was
to honor Leia's rescuers, R2, Chewie, and 3PO should have been honored, too!

     Dave!