 Star Wars / 7821
Re: A couple stupid SW questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 20:26:31 GMT

[snip]

Um... The Star Wars Roleplaying Game and Sourcebook is not considered canon
matieral.  (Canon material means it is "real" in the Universe so is one • step
above "Offical" material.)  The order of canon is in order of most • important
in
the event of a contradiction:  Movies, Original Radio Dramas of movies,
Novelisations of Movies, Expanded Universe novels published by Bantam, and
Comics published by Dark Horse.  Everything else is basically considered • false
and misinformation.  Offical material is usually stuff like the Star Wars
Encyclopedia and the Behind the Magic CD. (offical means it is authorized • and
based on canon material.) Anything in an offical source is always overruled • by
a canon source.  Everything else; Droids cartoon, and Star Wars game • computer
or otherwise, is basically worthless for getting stats out of.

-Lord Insanity

[snip]

Have they stated anything to contradict the Sourcebook information I added to
discussion, or does it merely not get in the way of "canon"?

Well the sourcebook is contradictory to many things that are canon so I don't
put much stock in it.  However anything that is explained in it with no other
explaination, could and arguably should be used untill/unless something canon
or offical comes along.  Lucasfilm/Lucasarts offical standpoint is that the
sourcebook is little more than fan fiction though. (Kinda like Paramounts
attitude toward every Trek novel save 2 by one of the producers.)

If it does,
please point too where.  I am sorry, but every time I enter a Star Wars debate
somebody gets upset about what I write.

Yes I experience that quite a bit myself.  So I fully understand your reaction.

I supose it makes me tense...  No
offense taken and I hope not to offend you.  I've taken a 10 second time out
and feel better now :)
Best wishes on recovering insanity (?),

:-)

Aaron