 Star Wars / 7785
Re: A couple stupid SW questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 20:06:52 GMT

Nathan McDowell wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, John Robert Blaze Kanehl writes:
No flames please = )

I consider myself a SW fan, but by no means do I know as much as many of • you...

What is the purpose of the B-wing and A-wing? (vs. the X-wing and Y-wing)

I realize the x-wing is a mainline fighter and the Y-wing is a bomber...Are
the A+B wings just updated versions of those types, fighter +bomber?
(I thought I saw someone say the Awing was adept at combatting
Tie-interceptors, I believe)

DO all of the rebel fighters have hyperdrives?

Thanks for baring with me...

                    John
(who loves that there are virtually no wheels in the SW theme universe!)

My understanding was that the B-Wing was the heavy, heavy, heavy duty fighter
that could take a lot of damage from fighters and take on up to smallish
capital size ships in combat.  The A-Wing was the hit and run type fighter or
the convoy escort type fighter, either way it was just designed to be fast as
all get out and pack lighter armament than the other rebel fighters.  All the
rebel fighters have hyperdrives but only the X-Wing and the Y-Wing have
Astromech droids, the other two have onboard computers that do the trick,
apparently. The Expanded Universe has the E-Wing and the V-Wing and maybe some
others, but I really don't know about that... =)

~Nathan

Hey I've never seen an E-Wing. Could someone link me to a pic? =)

--
Agent 0007
AIM: Agent O0O7