 Star Wars / 7904
Re: A couple stupid SW questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 23:28:27 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Bryan Hodges writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Bryan Hodges writes:

Otherwise, enjoy the films or quit trying to be a Star
Wars fan... go join a Babylon 5 NG.

I don't mean to be insultive, and I do apologize if I offended you...

You may not have offended him, but you've managed to get me miffed.  I happen
to be a fan of both Star Wars *and* Babylon 5, and I don't see how the two • are
mutually exclusive.

eric

I didn't mean to insult Babylon 5 fans either!  I was merely using it as
an "alternative."  I could have used any SCI-FI movie or series, B5 was the
first to pop into my head.  IMO people who criticize the SW movies come off
like non-SW fan... I just wanted to stress that if you're not an SW fan then
you shouldn't be posting in a SW fan NG.  It's like going into a church and
claiming there is no God...  You have a right to the opinion, but do church
goers really need to hear it?

I happen to like Babylon 5 myself... to get somewhat back on topic (at least
back to Lego) has anyone made any Babylon 5 mocs?  I've seen the excellent
Narn Fighter over at the Slave-1 contest, but I haven't seen any others...

-Bryan

Seems to me that those of us who have been the most critical have been the
biggest fans of Lucas' work.  Star Wars has practially been a religion for me
since I was four.  Because I spend so much time in the Star Wars universe, I
cannot help but be critical.  If I did not care, I would not be here.  In your
own words, people who critique and discuss Star Wars are non-fans and should
not be here?!!   Excuse me, the mindless automation laboratory is three web-
sites down the hall.  Be seeing you there around 2 AM!
Big 'ol redneck Star Wars fan,
Aaron