 Star Wars / 7795
Re: A couple stupid SW questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 01:26:11 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, John Robert Blaze Kanehl writes:
No flames please = )

What is the purpose of the B-wing and A-wing? (vs. the X-wing and Y-wing)

Thanks for baring with me...

                    John
(who loves that there are virtually no wheels in the SW theme universe!)

It's really quite simple, John.  Kids love Star Wars and parents have to buy
toys that kids love.  But if a kid already has the X-wing and Y-wing, then
when the new movies come out, you can't slow down the merchandising.  Thus,
the A and B wing were created.

The really interesting thing is that these ships are named after letters of
the alphabet that don't exist in a galaxy far far away, as far as I can tell.

I'm willing to bet that other Star Wars books (non-canonical, of course) will
probably have ships named after letters.

Let's wait and see,

Markus
Am I wrong about the letters?  I really want to know!