 Star Wars / 7761
Re: A couple stupid SW questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 18:26:30 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, John Robert Blaze Kanehl writes:
No flames please = )

I consider myself a SW fan, but by no means do I know as much as many of • you...

What is the purpose of the B-wing and A-wing? (vs. the X-wing and Y-wing)

I realize the x-wing is a mainline fighter and the Y-wing is a bomber...Are
the A+B wings just updated versions of those types, fighter +bomber?
(I thought I saw someone say the Awing was adept at combatting
Tie-interceptors, I believe)

DO all of the rebel fighters have hyperdrives?

Thanks for baring with me...

                    John
(who loves that there are virtually no wheels in the SW theme universe!)
The B-wing is suppossed to have enough fire power to take on a Star Destroyer.
More of a "heavy" fighter I guess.  The A-wing on the other hand is a highly
agile and fast fighter,  much like an interceptor.  The military has specific
planes for a specific purpose,  hence "role" fighters in the SW universe.
Have fun building,
Travis