 Robotics / RCX / *4955 (-100)
  Re: Rechargeable Batteries

In article <3B69FD3A.3DA7E73A@c...ects.com>, "Frank Caggiano" <caggiano@crystal-objects.com> wrote: I'm surprised no one has mentioned rechargable lithium as used in, e.g., laptops. Rather expensive, but the hold a fair amount of charge. Would they (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Rechargeable Batteries

Jerry: What is the problem with the NiMH batteries? the low voltage? Or extra $$ ? Roger (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Is this an error in legOS 0.2.5?

(...) a (...) Maybe, if you wanted to be really flash, when you get the (non-ultra) low battery warning, your robot could start seeking out the tower, and get ready to send the data. Maybe have a light near the tower that starts flashing when it (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Rechargeable Batteries

(...) I use NiMH and get a voltage between 7.8V freshly charged and 7V at the low end (i.e. slightly higher than NiCd). The lower voltage is not really a problem for me. The motors may be somewhat less powerful, but if you're just playing and not (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: SubVI help screens

Yes you can create your own help screens, make your own command icon, etc. This is explained in detail in the "Elevator" chapter (Chapter 19) of my book "Creative Projects with LEGO Mindstorms". You can create your own help menu by double-clicking (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Specs for Mindstorms gearmotor?

I have pictures of the inside of the gear motor in chapter 7 of my book, "Creative Projects with LEGO Mindstorms". The motor is geared down by a factor of 13.56 --- 10 tooth to 44 tooth gear, then 12 tooth to 37 tooth gear. 12 tooth gear and 44 (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Rechargeable Batteries

Hi Frank; Do you have a 1.0 RCX? If so you can do what I did. I used 3 4.5v battery rods with NiMh (9 total) and a custom wire to power my RCXs. It works great for me because I am using multiple RCXs off one power source (I have removed the RCX AA (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Is anyone using Java+RCX in their intro CS teaching?

Yes, I will be using Java and the RCX in a course at Berkeley this fall. I used NQC last spring, but switched to java to use an OO language, get more space total memory and in particular more space for variables. And because a couple of my students (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Rechargeable Batteries

(...) Nicads have a lower cell voltage (1.2 rather than 1.5), so they won't work very well in the RCX. Personally I use rechargeable alkaline cells (e.g. Ray-o-vac Renewal batteries). The downside to rechargeable alkalines are that they don't have (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  SubVI help screens

I recently discovered the feature in RoboLab that lets you compact many program steps into one icon, using the command 'Create SubVI'. It's intuitive and easy to use. I suspect you can create help screens and change and label the icon it creates, (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: about lnp_integrety_write

(...) Hi, the function does exactly what the name says...it sends a LNP integrity layer packet of given length. Anyway the function seems to be unused. lnp_addressing_write() is e.g. used to send the acknowledges in program.c, which makes perfect (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Rechargeable Batteries

(...) Frank, I would *not* use Nicads or NiMH rechargeables. Their full-charge voltage is about 1.25V while alkaline batteries are about 1.55. I have Ray-O-Vac Rechargeable Alkaline batteries. They last several hours of operating time between (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  about lnp_integrety_write

anyone know what this function does? i could get no reference to it under the legOS howto written by luis villa. ive tried sending messages both with it and without it and it seems to work anyways. regards kenneth johansen kennethj@stud.cs.uit.no (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Is anyone using Java+RCX in their intro CS teaching?

(...) David, I cannot answer your question directly, but I have done some work which may be related to your interest. A while back, I wrote a small-scale Java application that simulated a 2-D mobile robot. The interactions between the simulator and (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Is anyone using Java+RCX in their intro CS teaching?

Hi all, Traffic is a little light in this group, so I thought I would see if any of its readers is doing anything with Java and the RCX in a particular area of interest that I have. There is quite a lot of intro Java teaching (including mine) that (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Dumb Q - How to get to Robolab Level5

(...) The Programmer section has four levels of Pilot and four levels of Inventor. Only the Investigator section has five levels. (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Dumb Q - How to get to Robolab Level5

I am new to Robolab. I find a level 5 in Investigator. There is a window in the top center that allows me to select Level 1 through 5. Hope this helps. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net (URL) <lwhite@pelicaneng.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Rechargeable Batteries

Hello, I'm at the point now where I need to get rechargeable batteries for the RCX. The alkaline's are just now making it anymore. Are Nicads OK or should I go the extra step and get nickel metal hydrides (Ni-MH)? How are radio shack's batteries and (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  LEGO mentioned in September issue of Astronomy magazine

I just got my September 2001 issue of Astronomy magazine and there is a one page article about the LEGO MINDSTORMS Robotics Invention System, Exploration Mars, and Vision Command. Unfortunately, about 40% of the page is taken up by a picture of the (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Dumb Q - How to get to Robolab Level5

I used to know this, now I can't find the reference. Anyone? Hangs his head in shame, Larry (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Creativity

IHi Roger, I have been meaning to make this available on the web, but I will try to give a brief explanation in advance. The fuzzy logic line follower that I have worked on also uses two light sensors and rack&pinion steering, but follows a line (...) (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Specs for Mindstorms gearmotor?

I'm working on a project which requires that I model the dynamics of a DC motor being driven by a PWM controller... specifically, the Mindstorms gearmotor being driven by the RCX. Does anyone know where I might find the spec's for the Lego (...) (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Creativity

I think that my "Smart Acrobot" was pretty creative. :) I took the LEGO Acrobot that can flip over and keep driving and added a light-proof box with a light sensor and a handful of yellow bricks inside of it. This way, the light sensor either sees (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Is this an error in legOS 0.2.5?

(...) Hmmm, yes, you are right. In fact it woudn't make sense. My actual robot uses a little neural net and if battery goes low, the actual data will be sent to the PC to be saved. For this, it would be nice if the RCX makes some noise, I grab it, (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Creativity

Hi Jeff, Tell me more about your fuzzy logic line follower. My line follower was always losing track of which side of the line it is on and turning in the wrong direction. It would then stop and use an expanding sweep based on the ideas of Dave (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: rotation sensor question

I don't know the answer to your specific question, but there is more information about the rotation sensor in the tinyvm-discussion archives, which you can find from lejos.sourceforge.net by clicking on mailing lists. The rotation sensor has trouble (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Robocup

Hi, I was just wondering, are there other people that read this newsgroup that are working on Robocup Jr.? for those of you who dont know what it is: (URL) working on the soccer challenge. (23 years ago, 29-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Connectivity for Windows CE?

(...) There is also a Great program that can upload Firmware, compile NQC, control the Bots directly and send message codes. NQCEdit/RCXControl (URL) also FREE. Dean (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.dacta, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: FW: Window CE Support for the Mindstorm Unit

I have found a new website: (URL) offer a program for windows ce, which can control Mindstorms and Cybermaster. (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Connectivity for Windows CE?

(...) I have found a new website: (URL) offer a program for windows ce, which can control Mindstorms and Cybermaster. (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.dacta, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  New windows ce program!

There is a new website for windows ce: (URL) offer a program for windows ce, which can control Mindstorms and Cybermaster. (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Is this an error in legOS 0.2.5?

(...) ultra-low (...) Would that really make sense? Since changing batteries destroys all memory, the program will not survive despite advance warning about the impending doom of battery low. In effect, changing the batteries is equivalent to the (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Is this an error in legOS 0.2.5?

So in the original firmware, the system is shut down if ultra-low battery is detected. If we don't want tot do that, we could change the ">" in the 2nd compare to a "<" to get some hysteresis. Or would it be usefull to stop legOS and do a shut-down (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Is this an error in legOS 0.2.5?

(...) in (...) Statement should be right. It's same behavier found in original firmware: (URL) (battery power (cc5a) > 1a2c (6700 mV)) call ROM 1e4a (r6=301b) // clear battery low indicator else if (battery power (cc5a) > 189c (6300 mV)) call ROM (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  MIDI to NQC/RIS2.0 translator "Midi2LSC"

Hi, All ! I wrote a Windows 95/98/Me/2000 free software. This program named "Midi2Lsc" is SMF (Standard MIDI File) to LSC (LEGO Script Language of RIS2.0 SDK) and/or NQC translator. It is alpha test release status now. SMF format 0/1/2 support (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  lnp logical layer and collison detection

Hi, 1: does anybody know if the collision detection in the (LNP) logical layer relies on the LNP-packtstructure of is this kind of collison detection done without knowing the packetstructure of LNP ? 2: does anybody have simple routines to send and (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Creativity

Hi Jeff; I think play for its own sake is generally misunderstood. It seem if you are not making something immediatley useful then what you are doing has no value! The value lies in the benefits of pure play. It certainly relaxes me. I view play (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  How to get sensor's values from the opcodes

i'm trying to get the sensor's values using the opcodes. So i used this command to get it: sendCommand("420001"); //setting the sensor mode bash> b5 sendCommand("120900"); //getting the value bash> 00 // if the Touch's Sensor is released bash> 03 (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Creativity

Hi everyone, Someone asked me just the other day what good was playing with the Lego RCX. I quickly barked back that the RCX and NQC had taught me, a none programmer (well real world vs. Lego), a great deal about the essence of programming and the (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Display the value of Scout sensors

Scout is cheaper, but when you debug NQC program in Scout, you have no way to watch the value of its sensors, I made a small program that can show sensors value in a RCX LCD, you can use remote to change watching sensor, message 1 for sensor1, (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Makefile Design - Observation, and Query to Paolo Masetti

The latest CVS version of legOS adds explicit detection of CygWin 1.1 (and by extension 1.3) This did, however work anyway, with Cygwin 1.1 being detected alongside the older cygwins, due to a quirk in make's findstring - specifically, that: (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  smart remote programs for windows?

I saw some programs for a palm pilot that makes it a learning remote. They were used in the same way the Lego remote was: directly controlling the rcx. I was wondering if anyone had a link for the same thing for a pc/laptop... -Rob (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Help!! no serial port in new laptop pc!!!...!!!

(...) Do you mean that you have used the Lego Mindostorms IR tower through this adapter? If so, the Belkin USB dockstation might be worth looking at, as it also has a parallel port and 3 usb ports. I have had my eyes on this for some time, but was (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

I have successfully used a Belkin USB to Serial Adapter on my IBM laptop. Below is a link to the latest model: (URL) <rmhendrix@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GGxsvH.Gw8@lugnet.com... (...) is (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Help!! no serial port in new laptop pc!!!...!!!

What about using my laptop's own infrared device (it has one).....???????? - Rob (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Help!! no serial port in new laptop pc!!!...!!!

(...) I am not sure if the USB serial ports work for all applications. You might want to be a bit careful. I have some older programs which expect to find real hardware COM ports and they don't recognise the USB variety. JB (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Help!! no serial port in new laptop pc!!!...!!!

Lego Mindstorms told me that USB to Serial converters have not functioned properly. The actual conversation went as, "they (the convertors) don't send correct information to the brick through the IR tower. There are no work arounds." I have been (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Help!! no serial port in new laptop pc!!!...!!!

(...) There are external Serial ports that you can buy and plug into your USB ports. I would think that might be the easiest way to go. Eric Kingsley (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Help!! no serial port in new laptop pc!!!...!!!

I can't hook up my ir tower to my new laptop, and the IR tower for MS 2.0 is not due out for another six weeks!!!!!!! My home computer finally bit the dust, so I bought this laptop Saturday without even looking at the serial port (or lack thereof). (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  re: remote control

(...) I dont know if this is what you are looking for, but it appears to do the same thing over the web. I havent taken much of a look at it. (URL) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  remote control

hi all, ive been out of the loop for a while now (summer vacation). so if this has been discused lately forgive my ignorance. im working on a program that lets me control the RCX from a PC using the IR tower. im using legOS 2.4 on redhat 6.1. i am (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Fix for remote patch

(...) I'll post a diff eventually, but in the meantime, just apply the remote patch from sourceforge, open util/dll-src/rcxtty.c, find the following block, and make the changes to the two lines marked //!!! // Serial settings FillMemory(&dcb, (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Fix for remote patch

(...) Hi, Its good to know that there is a bug and that there is someone who knows how to fix it. Could you maybe send me some sample code for the rcx and the win32 side ? I dont want anything special just a few lines of code for each side (rcx and (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS, WIN98 & Cygwin 1.3.2

Nice to be appreciated :-) Running the command 'strip -s *.exe' for each directory containing .exe files reclaims considerable disc space, by removing dubugging information which is embedded in the .exes. P.S. I did briefly experiment with a mingw (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Fix for remote patch

The remote patch on the sourceforge website is slightly broken on Win32. (The necessary code changes have been made in a Linux only section, but the Win32 bit is untouched. The problen is util/rcxtty.c, which does not set the correct (odd) parity (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LegOS, WIN98 & Cygwin 1.3.2

Hello, Well after a week of head beating, cursing, downloads and chicken waving AND a great deal of help from Max Bowsher (this last bit was actually the most useful :-) I finally have legOS up and running with the above setup. Had I followed Max's (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Maximum sample rate (turn rate) for rotation sensor

Dave and Luis, Thank you both for the information. I'm big admirer of the work you've done for the RCX community. (...) I see. (60/0.003)/16 = 1250 And if you were worried about the Sampling Theorem you would divide that in half just to be sure.. (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Mystery Part

I bow down to you, Bob! Many thanks for solving this mystery. (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Maximum sample rate (turn rate) for rotation sensor

When using the standard firmware, sensors are sampled every 3 ms. The rotation sensor uses a quadrature encoder with a 1:4 gearing between the axle and the encoder, so there are 16 "ticks" per revolution of the axle. The decoding routine in the (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Maximum sample rate (turn rate) for rotation sensor

The hardware can actually do (in my testing) up to ~3000 rpm with good accuracy. The problem is with the standard software, which cannot do more than some low number (which may or may not be 500, I don't recall) because of how it samples the HW. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  sample code for the remote patch (pc side)

Hi, is anybody using the remote patch ? I d be glad if anybody could post or send me some sample code for the pc-side where remote messages are send to the RCX. Thanx, Olaf Christ (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  rotation sensor question

I installed leJOS, got it up and running, then read on the sourceforge site a support question about the rotation sensor, so I decided to test it out. I wrote a first cut at it and it didn't work, just like the support question suggested: import (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Maximum sample rate (turn rate) for rotation sensor

Does anyone know the correct maximum sampling rate for the Lego rotation sensor? This morning I noticed that Dave Baum gives a value of 1250 RPM in his "Definitive Guide" (page 29), but looking at (URL) see a value of 500 RPM. Which is correct? (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Mystery Part

Hehehehe... I have to laugh, Brian. Other people have told you that it is a "Brick Separator", and it is extremely useful. The reason that I am laughing is that when I was just coming out of my dark ages almost exactly two years ago... I was just as (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Mystery Part

Search the Lugnet Guide for "brick separator" (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Mystery Part

It is a handy tool for separating plates and bricks. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net (URL) Bagnall" <bbagnall@escape.ca> wrote in message news:GGqCwD.4A7@lugnet.com... (...) year (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Mystery Part

The part I am having problems with is the dark-grey "foot pedal" looking part. Does anyone know what this is called or what it's used for? This has been the single biggest mystery to me since I bought the RIS kit over a year ago. (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Hardware Hacking of RCX

Roy Wood wrote: (snip) (...) (snip) Hmm... Heres one idea that'll look REALLY good on your resume :) Asymmetric Multiprocessing: RCX -> Basic Stamp 2p40 Use the RCX to communicate with a Parallax Basic Stamp. You can use a 5v regulator and control (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Hardware Hacking of RCX

(...) Hi, if want to use more sensors, then you might wanna look at (URL) a look at "3 Sharps using 1 input", heat up your soldering iron and have fun. Olaf Christ ---...--- If knowlege is power, how come the more I learn, the more I realize how (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: working c++ program?

plz. I just need to how how everything is included and linked. I did declare it as a member variable. Thanks for your help! Jason P.S. You can just email it to me if you like. Thnx (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Hardware Hacking of RCX

Considering that LegOS talks directly to the hardware, this seems like a good place to ask the following questions. I am yet again frustrated at having only three inputs and three outputs on my RCX, and am wondering at the possibility of hacking the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: working c++ program?

(...) Hi Jason, did you declare it as a control member variable ? 1. Project\Add To Project\Components and Controls... 2. Registered ActiveX Controls 3. Choose "Spirit Control" then "Insert" 4. Put the Spirit Control (the Lego Sign) in your (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Setup of winlnp

Hello, I'm having problems setting up winlnp and getting it to work. I have downloaded, compiled and utilized legos 0.2.5 successfullyand have downloaded and compiled the winlnp visual c++ package. But i haven't found any thorough documentationon (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: newby question, anyway to say not greater than?

How 'bout less than or equal ? (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Drive a motor using the sensor port - safe?

I accidentaly discovered that when the sensor port on the RCX is set to light sensor type, a motor connected to it will run. The motor can only run in one direction with a low torque, but it can be useful when you just need the extra motion and (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  working c++ program?

Does anyone have a working c++ rcx program? I'm having trouble getting microsoft visual c++ 6.0 to integrate spirit.ocx successfully. Maybe if I had a working program to look at, I could figure it out. I got spirit "installed", however, I can't use (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  newby question, anyway to say not greater than?

Hello everyone, I am in the midst of my first programming attempt in years, attempting to discriminate 3 levels of light with a light sensor, and have it do different things depending on the maximum light intensity. This works fine for the upper and (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Lie Detector with RCX

Fred Wolflink from Massachusetts College of Art made a nice lie detector. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Create your Lie Detector" (URL) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RIS 1.5 at TRU in Canada

(...) I saw 3 copies left in my local (St. Catharines) Toys R US..."regular priced" at 199.99 ....I thought they would reduce the price before the RCX 2.0 were to come out.... I guess I have no excuses not to pick up a set....actually with exchange (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: CVS

(...) Recently sourceforge decided to get rid of the mixed case identifiers. You should use this CVSROOT: cvs -d:pserver:anonymous...root/legos login But it is still "co legOS" to checkout the sources Jochen (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Uploading datalog - some confusion?

(...) Are you sure about the handshake, on a PC with a serial IR-tower there is no handshake (not necessairy because the PC is the master and the RCX is the slave). (...) best regards, Stef Mientki (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RIS 1.5 at TRU in Canada

Whoo hoo-- Toys R Us here in London, Ontario seems to have slashed the price on the RIS 1.5 down to $199CDN (about $120USD). That's a 1/3rd reduction in price and almost as good as the $150 that Future Shop online had last year. Now, how do I (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Problems installing in Win98

Thanks for the info. I'm downloading the sources for binutils and gcc even as I write this. I'll let you know how it turns out. regards (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problems installing in Win98

(...) You will need both source and binary tarballs of gcc and binutils, from the CygWin setup utility. You may also need autoconf, automake, flex, yacc, bison etc. -- or not, I don't know. They were installed when I did my build. You should also (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Suggested Makefile Changes

'make realclean' causes a rebuild of .depend in legOS/util/dll-src. This is inconsistent with other places .depend files are used. dependency building in the lib branch of the tree is not triggered, and would use the old-style makedepend program, (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problems installing in Win98

(...) Thanks for the reply. I looked at your post, sorry I'm not able to comment on what files are needed, I'm just now getting into all this. How difficult was it doing the build on your machine? Could you post or send me the steps you followed or (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problems installing in Win98

Yes, it is possible. I have legOS running under Cygwin 1.3.2 (latest net release). I did, however, compile the cross compiler from source. See my post 'Toolchain for Cygwin 1.3.2 (latest)', dated 14/07/01 18:34, 2 posts before yours. Given that (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Multiple source files

Hi, Assuming you have a.C and b.C, and you want to build b.lx, then the following Makefile fragment will work, if you patch your Makefile.user as given below. **** Begin Makefile Fragment **** all: b.lx # Specify all targets to build b.ds1 b.ds2: (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Problems installing in Win98

Hello, I am trying to install legOS on a WIN98 machine with cygwin 1.3.2. I am have problems with the cross compiler. I just noticed the statement on (URL) that the cross compiler was compiled against the older version of cygwin and that it won't (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  CVS

Hi all I'm trying to get the latest code from the cvs root as anonymous. It doesn't seem to let me login using the anonymous. I'm following the instructions on the sourceforge page: cvs -d:pserver:anonymous...root/legOS login but it tells me (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  'Erase legOS' keystrokes - Please correct docs

The 'hold Prgm, and press On-Off' sequence does not work for me. It is necessary to press On-Off *twice* whilst holding Prgm.If someone is unlucky enough not to decide to just press random buttons for a while, the might not figure this out. Great (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  About SensorValueRaw(SENSOR_3) in Scout

I tried to get raw value of sensors in Scout, the SensorValueRaw(0/1) is ok, I get the raw values of Sensor1 and Sensor2, but I found SensorValueRaw(2) doesn't work, no value is returned. Then I found a example in NQC Guide Version 2.3 r1, it is (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Toolchain for Cygwin 1.3.2 (latest)

I have recently built binutils+gcc for the latest cygwin net release. I am investigating the possibility of posting them on the net, but I would like to decrease the file size as much as possible. I have already done 'strip -s' on the .exes, but I (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Strange happenings

(...) I'll consider adding those in the next release. To be honest, its probably more work from a documentation side than from a code perspective. (...) If its working, don't bother sending the code. But if it stops working again, then send the code (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Multiple source files

How can I reconfigure the makefiles to allow me to create a .lx file from multiple .cpp files? I am not familiar with the compiler and its tools. (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RCX_COMPILER define

I am a new legOS user. Here is summary of my setup: CygWin 1.3.2 and associated bits. h8300-hms targeted binutils and gcc built from the CygWin source tarballs. I have been reading past posts to this group, and come across references to (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Uploading datalog - some confusion?

I have been playing around with NQC (RCX v2, MacNQC) and generally everthing has been straightforward (certainly more so than Robolab...) but I am having problems with datalog uploads. I can upload the datalog using NQC no problem. I then included (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Strange happenings

(...) It was very odd, I've been having a lot of problems with that onfor command. I had a command that was supposed to go for 1 second. OnFor(AOUT_B,100); and it would NEVER stop. I changed it to 10 and it worked for a bit then stopped. It just (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Strange happenings

Looks straighforward. Perhaps an NQC bug. Can you email me the complete program and also compile with the -l option and send me the listing (or if you're using an IDE, then there should be some menu choice to produce a disassembly list)? Dave Baum (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Strange happenings

(...) This almost sounds like a mechanical problem. Try the program with jsu the brick connected to motors or lights and see if you get the expected result. Lester (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact